Signature Tower Hotel

blokey

The Signature Tower has finally caught a hotel and has a deal. This is not going to be released until tomorrow, but the Kimpton hotel company is puttin a Hotel Palomar in the base of the Sig. This is great news. not only will this be a wonderful addition to the list of hotels downtown, but this furthers the probablility that the Sig is really going to begin its climb in to the sky in january. So we'vegot a hotel, a contractor, and many reservations already taking place. I may jsut be too optimistic, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that the Signature Tower is a Reality!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Signature Tower has finally caught a hotel and has a deal. This is not going to be released until tomorrow, but the Kimpton hotel company is puttin a Hotel Palomar in the base of the Sig. This is great news. not only will this be a wonderful addition to the list of hotels downtown, but this furthers the probablility that the Sig is really going to begin its climb in to the sky in january. So we'vegot a hotel, a contractor, and many reservations already taking place. I may jsut be too optimistic, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that the Signature Tower is a Reality!

Wow, thanx for the scoop, blokey. How'd you find out? Nevermind that, the Hotel Palomar!

Greetings all. My colleague Richard is at lunch with the Kimpton folks at the moment, but he asked me to put up an excerpt from our coverage of the news today. The full article is available only to our subscribers for now, but it will be made freely available at a later date.

Regards,

Tom Wood (for Richard Lawson)

Giarratana lands luxury hotel partner for Signature Tower

The Signature Tower will include a singular hotel. Developer Tony Giarratana and officials of the Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant chain -- which turns out to have deep Nashville connections -- this morning unveiled plans for the 200-room Hotel Palomar, to occupy 10 stories of the planned 65-story downtown skyscraper.

Kimpton's boutique hotels offer many of the luxuries you might expect from high-end lodgings, and then some. The hotelier boasts of in-room spa services, a 24-hour yoga channel, special packages for people who travel with their pets, and "gay & lesbian pride packages," among other innovations.

As room rates go, the Palomar is sure to be a long way from Motel 6. A king suite at Kimpton's 70 Park Avenue Hotel, in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, currently costs $975 a night. At the Onyx Hotel in Boston, a "Britney Spears Room" featuring "personal Britney Spears touches" carries a more modest $259 pricetag. ...

I just stayed at a Kimpton hotel, The Hotel Monaco, in Salt Lake City. It was a nice boutique hotel. Price wise, it was on par with the Hermitage. Very nice amenities (Aveda bath products, free coffee and wine socials). It was built out of an existing bank, so the rooms were very small. I don't figure this will be the case with new construction.

Anyways...it should be a nice addition to the Hermitage and Westin (possibly) downtown.

Did they announce if the hotel would include a restaurant? I believe the Hotel Palomar in DC doesn't actually have a hotel in it, just adjacent to it.

Something about staying in a hotel that doesn't actually have a hotel is a little unnerving. :rofl:

What wonderful news! I had never heard of the Kimpton Hotel chain, but after viewing their site, there's no doubt in my mind that this is the perfect fit for Signature Tower. They bring a four star hotel and restaurant, a reputation for running excellent spas, and are pet friendly. What more could the residents of Sig Tower want? I thought this link from the Kimpton website featuring the Hotel Palomar in San Francisco was awesome.

Hotel Palomar San Francisco

By the way, I knew it wouldn't be a Motel 6! :shades:

Archived