Murfreesboro Sub-Forum

dfwtiger

Should there be a Murfreesboro Sub-Forum to the Nashville Forum?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Vote Yes or No to indicate your position on a new sub-forum

• Yes
    • No

Agreed. Until it can show us true Urban INFILL, I have no use for reading about suburban office parks and shopping malls.

Not to mention that it needs more users for it to be succesfull and worth UP spending the money on more bandwith to support it (if they hve to do that, Metro M. you can help on that).

Murfreesboro is a part of Metro Nashville either way you cut it and on this board, it should stay that way as well. I think the current format is fine, but if a name change is in order...that is fine as well.

Forgive me, but I'm somewhat confused by your statements here. I understand that you believe Murfreesboro discussions should continue to take place in the Nashville subforum because of the MSA that Murfreesboro finds itself in, but your first paragraph tends to back up the argument of those of us who would like to see a Murfreesboro subforum. If there were a Murfreesboro subforum, you wouldn't have to wade through threads about Murfreesboro's office parks and shopping malls.

Edited by Relient J

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree its a suburb, but....I know people who commute to all of the following places in Rutherford county from Nashville/Davidson county, Wilson county, Williamson county, and even Sumner County: MTSU, Verizon, State Farm, The VA, Middle Tennesse Medical Center, Nissan, various retail businesses, even a social worker in some housing projects. Not a one of those is in Lavergne.

And yes, I know this and agree; but I just don't think these are pulling in the 22,000 number. Each one you listed pulls a unique audience from Lebanon to Manchester to Shelbyville! MTSU workers are going to mostly come from Murf area (teachers are a small portion of a university's workers). But Ingram, Firestone, (+Nissan,)and Lavergne draws a larger crowd...

Anyway, used to live in Murf and still visit BWW regularly. But Murf topics should remain on the main thread. It has nothing to do with 'she's 18, let her roam'. That's the silliest argument I've ever heard. We have an urban forum that debates all of the greater Nashville area and Murf should be INCLUDED in this forum.

This sounds more like 'I don't wanna eat my peas, I'm going to my room'...

....Give Murfreesboro a six month trial. If it does better that the last place sub-forum...it stays...if not...it goes back under Nashville. In the end, forums should be created and kept based on user traffic....not over an argument as to whether Murfreesboro is a city or a suburb!

When I started to type this response, I was going to turn down this request. However in thinking about it several things came to mind based on the discussion here.

• It won't hurt to have this forum and we can always eliminate it is if not supported, we have had success where there is a lot of vocal support for a forum.
  • Even though the majority of Nashville forumers have voted against it, I can't see it making any difference to the discussion in Nashville.
  • One of our goals is to enable people to make a difference in their community. If this does it for Murfreesboro then I support it as long as it is supported.
  • Some of the negative comments here about Murfreesboro being a suburb, full of suburban office parks, etc. have made the decision for me. Maybe Murfreesboro would do better in its own forum where the forumers would not have to deal with what I consider city bashing. This is another reason we are here at UrbanPlanet. To give people a good place to discuss their communites without having to deal with posters who can't seem to be constructive.

So based on this, I will be creating a Murfreesboro under the Nashville forum. I would like a description that I can use for the forum of someone would be kind enough to provide one. I thank eveyone who shared their opinion on this matter.

When I started to type this response, I was going to turn down this request. However in thinking about it several things came to mind based on the discussion here.
  • It won't hurt to have this forum and we can always eliminate it is if not supported, we have had success where there is a lot of vocal support for a forum.
  • Even though the majority of Nashville forumers have voted against it, I can't see it making any difference to the discussion in Nashville.
  • One of our goals is to enable people to make a difference in their community. If this does it for Murfreesboro then I support it as long as it is supported.
  • Some of the negative comments here about Murfreesboro being a suburb, full of suburban office parks, etc. have made the decision for me. Maybe Murfreesboro would do better in its own forum where the forumers would not have to deal with what I consider city bashing. This is another reason we are here at UrbanPlanet. To give people a good place to discuss their communites without having to deal with posters who can't seem to be constructive.

So based on this, I will be creating a Murfreesboro under the Nashville forum. I would like a description that I can use for the forum of someone would be kind enough to provide one. I thank eveyone who shared their opinion on this matter.

Thank you for giving us the space to discuss our community. In reference to the description, what is the word limit? I would imagine that you need something short and to the point.

Wow, we won! Lol, I know, I know no one wins or loses on Urban Planet. Thank you Metro for giving us our own forum. It just goes to show that when we work together, we can make a difference. Murfreesboro is progressing quite nicely as a major city in Tennessee and I am proud to live here!