Grand Rapids Public Schools

numstead

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering. Did they vote on plans yet for the renovations of North Park? I recently looked at a bunch of pictures I was sent and it's mainly a lot of repairs like ceiling tiles, walls, floors, windows and the roof that need repairs. The front door, side doors on both the north end of the building, the southeast door and the southwest door by the gym should definately be replaced. That sucking glass curtain wall on the southwest end of the building should definately be replaced if it's considered to be a thermal joke. From looking at the pictures, I've also noticed a new fire alarm system was installed in the school. Would like to know when that was replaced. Good thing was that some of the classrooms I looked at in the pictures were in pretty good shape and wouldn't change much. Take the computer room for example. Really, it needs new windows and maybe a HVAC system in there since it has computers in there. Wouldn't change anything else in there unless there's other things that I didn't see in the pictures. The computer room received a new drop ceiling in 1997 due to some old ceiling tiles that fell and received new carpet in 1996.

I was wondering. Did they vote on plans yet for the renovations of North Park? I recently looked at a bunch of pictures I was sent and it's mainly a lot of repairs like ceiling tiles, walls, floors, windows and the roof that need repairs. The front door, side doors on both the north end of the building, the southeast door and the southwest door by the gym should definately be replaced. That sucking glass curtain wall on the southwest end of the building should definately be replaced if it's considered to be a thermal joke. From looking at the pictures, I've also noticed a new fire alarm system was installed in the school. Would like to know when that was replaced. Good thing was that some of the classrooms I looked at in the pictures were in pretty good shape and wouldn't change much. Take the computer room for example. Really, it needs new windows and maybe a HVAC system in there since it has computers in there. Wouldn't change anything else in there unless there's other things that I didn't see in the pictures. The computer room received a new drop ceiling in 1997 due to some old ceiling tiles that fell and received new carpet in 1996.

Archived