Looking northeast across The Quad from the steps of Phifer Hall:

P8230061.jpg

Fraternity Row:

P8230063.jpg

McClure Education Library and Graves Hall:

P8230064.jpg

Bryant-Denny Stadium looming over Fraternity Row:

P8230065.jpg

Heading back to Birmingham on I-59, I shot these photos of the Mercedes-Benz Plant and Visitor's Center:

P8230070.jpg

P8230079.jpg

THE END

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep bringing that little fella over here & we'll make a Tide convert out of him :D

Note about the "Bryant-Denny Stadium looming over Fraternity Row" shot:

the two buildings shown (Deke frat house & Office of Student Media) are tentatively scheduled to be torn down to create a "plaza" area connecting the north end zone expansion project and University Blvd.

Keep bringing that little fella over here & we'll make a Tide convert out of him :D

Note about the "Bryant-Denny Stadium looming over Fraternity Row" shot:

the two buildings shown (Deke frat house & Office of Student Media) are tentatively scheduled to be torn down to create a "plaza" area connecting the north end zone expansion project and University Blvd.

stupid "plazas" and the tearing down of buildings to make them...

seeing pictures of this school makes me miss USC Columbia and its urbanness.

how old's your son? kids who enjoy climbing stairs and running down sidewalks are cool.

-

Thanks, guys!

DruidCity, I would have taken more photos from other parts of campus, but we didn't have much time left after walking around The Quad. It really is a shame that they're tearing down some of the oldest fraternity houses. That's always been one of my favorite things about Bama's campus--the old fraternity houses lining University Blvd. to the east and west of The Quad. Auburn's original fraternity row was along College Street lining the eastern edge of the campus. Only one remains today (Phi Gamma Delta), and it is a newer structure built on the site of the original house. The AU Hotel & Conference Center, Alumni Center, and some other structures (another hotel, apartments, etc.) now stand where the oldest fraternity houses once stood. I wish that I could find some photos showing how Auburn's original fraternity row once looked.

LSyd, Austin is 2-1/2 years old now.

Archived