Capitol Ave/Flower St

MadVlad

That corner looks hoirrible. The building that was there before was a State building, and a nice one, but they let it deteriorate to the point where it was unsafe to use anymore, so they wrecked it. What could be usefull there? An apartment building? An office building? A .... Space Needle? (just kidding). Let's hear some thoughts....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I agree. It seems like Bushnell always covers a lot of ground, but has things like and interstate or state buildings on it. it would be nice to see Bushnell expanded to Broad street and the interstate buried.

I think a sculpture park would be nice! I think more parks are the key to regentrification.

It is a tough place to build because the Park River is buried underneath. The state office building that was there was sinking and thats why they tore it down.

I think it should be a park, or a place where a statue should be placed. It looks ugly.

Actually to my knowledge that lot or atleast a portion is owned by the same company that owns the Hardford Supply Company. My construction firm had priced turning that building into loft space, but the budge wouldn't work. They also had us pricing some site work on that parking lot for future work.

I believe that dveloper is attempting to sell that property now.

Archived