Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Capitol Ave/Flower St

13 posts in this topic

That corner looks hoirrible. The building that was there before was a State building, and a nice one, but they let it deteriorate to the point where it was unsafe to use anymore, so they wrecked it. What could be usefull there? An apartment building? An office building? A .... Space Needle? (just kidding). Let's hear some thoughts....

I would say a mid-sized apartment building would probably be suitable for that location.

Presently, that location seems undesirable for just about anything. If there was a formal gateway to Bushnell Park at the corner of Capitol Avenue and Broad Street, (integrating the State Armory and Legislative Building into the park) then I can see potential.

I agree. It seems like Bushnell always covers a lot of ground, but has things like and interstate or state buildings on it. it would be nice to see Bushnell expanded to Broad street and the interstate buried.

I think a sculpture park would be nice! I think more parks are the key to regentrification.

It is a tough place to build because the Park River is buried underneath. The state office building that was there was sinking and thats why they tore it down.

I think it should be a park, or a place where a statue should be placed. It looks ugly.

The bar at the corner of Flower and Capitol has recently be done over. From the outside it looks pretty nice.

It is a tough place to build because the Park River is buried underneath. The state office building that was there was sinking and thats why they tore it down.

I think it should be a park, or a place where a statue should be placed. It looks ugly.

Funny this should come up, they are currently working on a lot on Flower St. Anyone know what's going to go there? There some back-hoe's and bulldozer milling around...

I believe they are building a parking lot for the Courant.

The Courant should practice what it preaches. In the last ten years, they have torn down multiple buildings including perfect sixes for surface parking.

I believe they are building a parking lot for the Courant.

The Courant should practice what it preaches. In the last ten years, they have torn down multiple buildings including perfect sixes for surface parking.

Actually to my knowledge that lot or atleast a portion is owned by the same company that owns the Hardford Supply Company. My construction firm had priced turning that building into loft space, but the budge wouldn't work. They also had us pricing some site work on that parking lot for future work.

I believe that dveloper is attempting to sell that property now.