Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rwarky

Danville & the Dan River: Possible Tourist Destination?

5 posts in this topic

With the Dan River located in central Danville, will this city ever realize the treasure it has? Does this city know it could be a tourist destination for people within a 50 mile radius?

Never really been there. How is it? All I know is it was a textile and industrial area and it went down the tubes.

Danville's a cool city. I can't see anybody vacationing there, though.

Danville is one of the few cities in Virginia I have yet to visit. That being said, It would seem that they could provide cultural attractions to the region, as far away as the southern shore of Leesville lake and Southern Smith mountain lake areas, Martinsville and points west - South Boston and points east, and even parts of North Carolina that are within a half hour drive of Danville. Within this area, Danville is the largest city and could provide attractions and be an urban destination for the region.

Last time I was in Danville was about 7 years ago. There's a Christian Camp nearby that I would go to in the summer. I always like driving through Danville though, very picturesque with rolling hills.