65 Monroe Center

BigPlayJ

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I've heard many of the details on this project, and I think everyone (most everyone) will be very pleased with the end product. I noticed there was a request to the DDA last week regarding the sidewalks/areaway along the Ionia side, so it's still moving as far as I can tell. Stay tuned..

I've heard many of the details on this project, and I think everyone (most everyone) will be very pleased with the end product. I noticed there was a request to the DDA last week regarding the sidewalks/areaway along the Ionia side, so it's still moving as far as I can tell. Stay tuned..

Any of these little "details" that you can share with us publicly? :shades:

Good, I was beginning to worry about it. As it is right now, it's quite an eyesore along Monroe Center. It'd be nice if they could put up some kind of sign letting people know something's happening with it. I can't imagine the perception visitors to GR must get by seeing that building sitting there naked.

In line with the new city ordinance banning nakedness - someone better put a bikini on her! :rofl:

...sorry for the cheeser comment, but I coudn't resist!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm predicting modern clading for this building as the existing windows have been retained. I do see ghostly outlines of much older archshaped windows that have been brick over. Shame the developer couldn't bring those back in some way. Oh well the existing windows coupled with the right exterior clading should introduces some nice modern edginess to that block.

I'm predicting modern clading for this building as the existing windows have been retained. I do see ghostly outlines of much older archshaped windows that have been brick over. Shame the developer couldn't bring those back in some way. Oh well the existing windows coupled with the right exterior clading should introduces some nice modern edginess to that block.

The developer could still remove/change the window design. I am guessing he didn't want to remove them and have the interior open to all the weather elements until he is ready to put a new skin/exterior on.

What I wonder is why he didn't wait until then to remove the facade as well, it's really looking bad the way it is there on that corner. I said it once before and I'll say it again, something either needs to start happening, or signs needs to go up showing that something will be done. Otherwise it looks like an old building nobody cares for falling apart right along our main street.

What I wonder is why he didn't wait until then to remove the facade as well, it's really looking bad the way it is there on that corner. I said it once before and I'll say it again, something either needs to start happening, or signs needs to go up showing that something will be done. Otherwise it looks like an old building nobody cares for falling apart right along our main street.

Is there any work going on inside at all?

Archived