Downtown Greensboro to get 5-story office building...but at a price

cityboi

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the house can be saved. Pray for street-level retail in the ground floor of the office building.

I know. Im still amazed that there are even plans for more office space downtown with all the vacancies. But this is still good news as long as the house is saved.

Just think. If they added one floor for retail and 5 residential floors we would easily have an 11-story proposal and more highrises are needed in that section of downtown. They should add residential. we should contact them and suggest that.

Seeing how it says there will be ground-floor parking that leads me to believe there will not be any street-level retail. It seems that with the increasing demand for retail space dt they would consider putting retail with it. I'm glad the property will be put to a higher use but I am concerned this might not be the best use. I'm hoping this will evolve into something a bit more interesting before they actually start construction.

me too. I sent an email to the family thats building this and suggested they add retail and residential byt adding 5 or 6 more floors to the project. as it stands now, the 5-story office buillding will be 60,000 sqaure feet. Here is a link that shows pictures of the last office building built in downtown Greensboro. It too is 5 stories and has 60,000 sq feet. it was also designed be the same firm that will be designing this new proposal.

http://www.sspa.biz/southtrust.htm

Yep, that SunTrust building was exactly what I was picturing when I heard 5 story, 60,000 sqft. office building. I hope they delay what they are planning for the property and wait for a more attractive plan to be produced. If the owners can't do it, sell the property to a developer who has the money and vision for something of higher value.

If it was on the edge of dt, say Murrow Blvd., I wouldn't mind it. If they can't go taller at least put in some street-level retail so that it can be pedestrian friendly.

Cool that you sent them an email. :)

Archived