Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

TheParamountOnLakeEola.com

01_ParamountThorntonParkcopysmaller.jpg

Hello All, as some of you suggested, a Construction thread for the Paramount was needed. So, here it is.

Thanks to all of you who have been posting on the RENDERINGS thread. But can we start fresh so we dont have to weed through the RENDERINGS pages before we get to the Construction info?

Ive been silently following this thread for months now since I bought a 1 bdrm unit. Thanks for all the submissions and information!

Thanks!

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks and welcome. If you can still edit the title, you mind throwing in "Orlando" between "Construction Thread" and "Paramount" just for continuity with the other construction threads?

Have you owners received any new renderings of the building from alternate angles?

Oops I apologize for that. I cannot edit the heading now. Any suggestions to resolving this blunder?

I have not received any new renderings from the Paramount. I have found that they have been very difficult to get in touch with. My sales Person Lynn I beleive has moved on from the project.

Has anyone been in touch with anyone from the Paramount about any new renderings?

Oops I apologize for that. I cannot edit the heading now. Any suggestions to resolving this blunder?

I have not received any new renderings from the Paramount. I have found that they have been very difficult to get in touch with. My sales Person Lynn I beleive has moved on from the project.

Has anyone been in touch with anyone from the Paramount about any new renderings?

No worries, im sure sunshine can fix it. Congratulations on your purchase. It seems to be a great product, wonderful location, basically everything you could ask for.

So, I currently live downtown and enjoy walking around downtown. Also, I do enjoy going out to enjoy the nightlife downtown and restaraunts. This is part of the reason I bought at the Paramount.

However, recently I have noticed an increase in the homeless population. And a 'different' type of homeless population. The homeless population I knew would ask for money and after you rejected or accepted their proposal they would continue on to the next prospect. The last few times I have gone downtown, I have had homeless people follow me and one follow me into a bar and order a drink on my tab without my consent. Is it me or is the problem getting pretty bad?

However, recently I have noticed an increase in the homeless population. And a 'different' type of homeless population. The homeless population I knew would ask for money and after you rejected or accepted their proposal they would continue on to the next prospect. The last few times I have gone downtown, I have had homeless people follow me and one follow me into a bar and order a drink on my tab without my consent. Is it me or is the problem getting pretty bad?

Did you start having a conversation with the person? The common problem with people new to downtown is that they start feeling sorry. If you do have compassion for these people, then open your wallet. Otherwise, keep walking like they are ghosts. Like Nancy Reagan's mantra, "Just Say NO!" Once you begin a conversation (and with the street walkers, listening is enough to constitute a conversation), you feel awkward trying to walk away while someone is speaking.

Practice with me...

Can you help...

(before they finish, don't even turn your head towards them)

NO

Sorry to bother you, but...

NO

Hey, buddy...

NO

Do you know...

NO

If you find yourself talking to the homeless people again, just come back to this thread and repeat the practice technique. :thumbsup:

Trust me, I've been downtown for the better part of a decade now and I've had enough conversations with drunken bums, crackheads, and just plain crazy people for all of us.

Practice with me...

NO

NO

NO

That may be the current solution, because most of us who don't live down there can return to our homes. But regardless of how you feel about the homeless, I bet the complaints will grow greatly when the new condos start to fill up. The people who buy/rent at 55W/Solaire/TT/Dynatech/Vue will not stand for being accosted every time they leave their home. It will be both a safety issue and an economic issue as it will affect their property values. This roar will get much louder in the next few years.

I heard a homeless guy went to B& G's offices the other day harassing everyone and left pissed.

I think downtown workers should carry mag-lites and the next homeless guy who asks for money gets beaten like the guy in LA a dozen years back. do that a few times and the word will spread to the others and they will eventually leave.

Downtown's homeless have gotten pretty aggressive come sunset. They follow and harrass you on bike and will block your path until you speak to them. Believe me, I know the "ghost" routine works in most areas but what is up with Orlando's homeless? Seriously, I have compassion for people but the aggressive ones... I feel like I should carry a mag-light with me. Or just call my friend who used to be DEA in Atlanta.

Did you start having a conversation with the person? The common problem with people new to downtown is that they start feeling sorry. If you do have compassion for these people, then open your wallet. Otherwise, keep walking like they are ghosts. Like Nancy Reagan's mantra, "Just Say NO!" Once you begin a conversation (and with the street walkers, listening is enough to constitute a conversation), you feel awkward trying to walk away while someone is speaking.

Practice with me...

Can you help...

(before they finish, don't even turn your head towards them)

NO

Sorry to bother you, but...

NO

Hey, buddy...

NO

Do you know...

NO

If you find yourself talking to the homeless people again, just come back to this thread and repeat the practice technique. :thumbsup:

Trust me, I've been downtown for the better part of a decade now and I've had enough conversations with drunken bums, crackheads, and just plain crazy people for all of us.

So I went by last night, and although I couldn't see in the hole it appears that they have yet to even lay the mud mat across the bottom. Can one of you guys that live up in The Waverly confirm that?

I also didn't see any stock piles of rebar laying around.

Sorry, not sure what a mud mat would look like. The corners have some sort of mat down, they used some type of forms like you'd use for concrete when they put em in, but not sure. Any idea how thick the foundation will be? Is it poured at once, in layers, etc...

hah.. i just asked more questions and answered nothing... how useless am i. :)

I heard a homeless guy went to B& G's offices the other day harassing everyone and left pissed.

I think downtown workers should carry mag-lites and the next homeless guy who asks for money gets beaten like the guy in LA a dozen years back. do that a few times and the word will spread to the others and they will eventually leave.

Once buildings with residents start going up the homeless who try to hang out in the lobby will get charged with trespassing.

I go downtown on the weekends and I never think it's that bad. I never make eye contact & I don't even say no, I just keep walking.

I think it's sad that it's going on, but in some cases it's an addiction problem that the person doesn't want to work on.

I've never really been that put off with homeless/panhandling here esp as compared to Denver.. I thought when I moved here with Orlando's weather that there would be a great deal more. If anything there is more of it along Denver's 16th st mall than there is here downtown. If you live in an urban area and like living in an urban area the homeless to me sorta go along with that. I'd (and I think plenty of others) take them over the souless death of spirit that goes along with living in the suburbs.

Sorry, not sure what a mud mat would look like. The corners have some sort of mat down, they used some type of forms like you'd use for concrete when they put em in, but not sure. Any idea how thick the foundation will be? Is it poured at once, in layers, etc...

hah.. i just asked more questions and answered nothing... how useless am i. :)

Man, I have no idea. I'm going to guess from the pictures that it will be about 3-4' thick. As they get closer it will be easier to tell.

From this point what should happen will be a thin "mud mat" gets poured, its a thin layer of concrete that acts as a slab on grade.

Set the elevator forms.

Then they'll take rebar delivery. The first layer will be a criss-cross pattern that forms a checker board looking grid. Once thats set the vertical rebar gets tied into the bottom layer. When you look at them from the side they will look like a bunch of V's. Tie that into another layer of rebar that looks identical to the bottom and your done. It's like a sandwich.

Once the rebar is placed they'll pour the concrete. It'll be done all at once so it sets up correctly.

The only catch is that you need tower cranes to assist in the unloading and set-up of the rebar. I forget who it was but they said last week on here that the delivery of those is delayed? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I heard that the entire sales team moved to other projects since the Paramount is basically sold out. I was able to get in touch w/someone very easily by calling the # for the Paramount and was told that they are working out of the Developer's corporate office.

No new renderings that I know of.

Here's shot of the big ass red crane that showed up last week. The elbow of the crane seems to come up to my eye level on the 16th floor of the Waverly. When they extend this thing in the air, it's gotta extend over the 22nd floor here. Since the Paramount is 16 stories and this thing is so tall, are we not getting a tower crane? I know nothing about construction, so I'm getting a first-hand lesson these days.

cranext9.jpg

Archived