Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is up to street level now.

I noticed that today coming home from work -- isn't that unusally quick (a question to all you construction types)... does that bode well for the pace of this building? I mean, if the "mega" pour was any indication, this thing should be topped off in a few months! :yahoo:

Okay, back to earth (and back to the crappy colonialtown Publix... for now!). Seriously -- is this project on a "fast track" (unlike 55W, et. al?)

It dependes. When you say that its up to street level already, does that mean vertical columns or an actual elevated deck is been brought to grade? If its still just basement columns, than I say its still quick but not impressive.

In any case, its other lakeside competition has cleared most major hurdles and will be picking up pace significantly here very soon.

It dependes. When you say that its up to street level already, does that mean vertical columns or an actual elevated deck is been brought to grade? If its still just basement columns, than I say its still quick but not impressive.

In any case, its other lakeside competition has cleared most major hurdles and will be picking up pace significantly here very soon.

They have plywood covering nearly the entire street level. To me, this would appear to be the wood that they use for a form when they pour the ground level floor. It is pretty much caught up to Dynetech already and it is a much larger footprint. I can't imagine that they will keep up with Dynetech floor for floor, though.

They have plywood covering nearly the entire street level. To me, this would appear to be the wood that they use for a form when they pour the ground level floor. It is pretty much caught up to Dynetech already and it is a much larger footprint. I can't imagine that they will keep up with Dynetech floor for floor, though.

I have to recant what I said here. This was a narrow perspective as I was walking along Central. I walked by the Pine Street side today and they appear to only be about 1/3 of the way getting the floor up. Couldn't somebody that lives in the Sanctuary or Waverly have straightened me out earlier?? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So they pushed the traffic barrier out into Central a couple of days ago and re-striped losing all the parallel parking on the North side of the street from Post's leasing office until it shifts back to normal past Lake Av.

Some snapshots for everyone taken today. (11/15/2006)

2006-11-15_12-42-50.jpg

2006-11-15_12-43-28.jpg

2006-11-15_12-48-10.jpg

So, in response to mrh3's question, luckily I was right. The houses are actually one house with a garage done as apartments. There appears to be three apartments in the garage bulding, and while there are only two doors on the front there is an 11 space mailbox out front as well.

For me, it just looked strange not having greek letters on it.

2006-11-17_12-15-15.jpg

So, in response to mrh3's question, luckily I was right. The houses are actually one house with a garage done as apartments. There appears to be three apartments in the garage bulding, and while there are only two doors on the front there is an 11 space mailbox out front as well.

For me, it just looked strange not having greek letters on it.

Unless they have any historical significance ... the homes will probably be moved or demo'd to make way for something that fits in with the height/density of the area. Which is not really a bad thing when you look at how out of place they are.

Thats not to say that Orlando has not destroyed some truly unique buildings. (mostly in the 60's though) The old courthouse and library totaly piss me off ... they were fantastic buildings. :cry:

Archived