Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

There are plans for an EW Lymmo circulator. Maybe they could put this on Pine Street instead of Central, since Central has more traffic. They could level the house at the corner and put a nice Lymmo station there and accompanying restaurant or something like that.

A while back (perhaps on this forum?) I remember seeing plans for the EW Lymmo lane going down Church St... at least to Summerlin. Does this sound familiar? I think it would be an ideal place... right past the Sanctuary - only two blocks from Central. Also, right in front of the new Aren... errr... "Events Center". :)

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A while back (perhaps on this forum?) I remember seeing plans for the EW Lymmo lane going down Church St... at least to Summerlin. Does this sound familiar? I think it would be an ideal place... right past the Sanctuary - only two blocks from Central. Also, right in front of the new Aren... errr... "Events Center". :)

we get the "events" center; UCF gets the "convocation" center.

Greetings All: I'm an out-of-town buyer who plans to move to Orlando in summer 2008 once the project is completed. I bought a small unit on the 9th floor facing the lake. I was wondering. . . (1) When are our mortages due? I assume ZOM comes looking for us sooner or later; (2) Is that a 4-story building between The Paramount and Lake Eola? Specifically, is there a chance a larger building could be built between the lake and the Paramount, obstucting the view? (3) Any idea on the monthly association dues? (4) I will be new to Urban living, are neighbors fairly quiet? Are the walls constucted well? Can we upgrade walls during construction? I really appreciate all the discussion and the photos, it really helps put my purchase at ease. I was late entering the lottery and these questions have come to me since then. :blush:

Orlando, I am concerned that you did not ask some of these questions before you made the decision to buy.

1. Your mortgage will be due when you close on the unit. Probably more than a year from now. You will get something in the mail when they are 60 days out, time to line up your financing, have a walk through, fix punch list items and close.

2. There are no buildings between Paramount and Lake Eola. If you bought a unit on the 9th floor, you should be over the tree lone and have a decent view. There will never be any buildings between Paramount and Lake Eola.

3. My guess is that you can count on somewhere between .25 and .40 cents a square foot for your dues with a one-time assessment when you close.

4. The walls should be built well enough to prevent any sounds from coming through. That said, it is a large building and there will have to be certain things that you will have to get used too.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Leigh and I am with the General Contractor, Hardin Construction that is building The Paramount project. I wanted to make myself available if you have any questions about what is happening on the jobsite from our standpoint. The pictures previously posted are great and we appreciate your interest in our construction process.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to keep all of you informed about the road activities (ie closures and lane changes) so from time to time, I will post that information.

Today, Pine Street is closed until about 6pm between Lake and Osceola for our last ground floor pour and Central Avenue will be restored at the end of the day to open up the parking meters on the North side.

Please feel free to post any questions and I will be glad to research and get back to you with that information.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Leigh and I am with the General Contractor, Hardin Construction that is building The Paramount project. I wanted to make myself available if you have any questions about what is happening on the jobsite from our standpoint. The pictures previously posted are great and we appreciate your interest in our construction process.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to keep all of you informed about the road activities (ie closures and lane changes) so from time to time, I will post that information.

Today, Pine Street is closed until about 6pm between Lake and Osceola for our last ground floor pour and Central Avenue will be restored at the end of the day to open up the parking meters on the North side.

Please feel free to post any questions and I will be glad to research and get back to you with that information.

hanks for the info and happy Thanksgiving dont eat to much

Hi Everyone,

How about some new renderings! :)

2. There are no buildings between Paramount and Lake Eola. If you bought a unit on the 9th floor, you should be over the tree lone and have a decent view. There will never be any buildings between Paramount and Lake Eola.

This is not correct. Post Apartments are located on the north side of Central.

I think you would have to assume that at some point in the future, they would be torn down and a high rise would go in their place. Location is just too premium being directly on the park.

This is not correct. Post Apartments are located on the north side of Central.

I think you would have to assume that at some point in the future, they would be torn down and a high rise would go in their place. Location is just too premium being directly on the park.

Yes, I believe that the location is premium. But if you take a look at Post Properties (www.postproperties.com) as a whole, they ARE premium. Every location they have is situated in the middle of where it all happens, for the most part. If anything, I could see them expanding themselves, but I don't see them giving up the location like everyone says.

Yes, I believe that the location is premium. But if you take a look at Post Properties (www.postproperties.com) as a whole, they ARE premium. Every location they have is situated in the middle of where it all happens, for the most part. If anything, I could see them expanding themselves, but I don't see them giving up the location like everyone says.

I doubt that they would give it up either, but I do see them demolishing and rebuilding higher some day.

Simple economics states that if the existing structure is to be demolished, the new structure has to be worth the cost of interrupting the income stream and constructing a property with higher prices per square foot. Right now the property is at the top of the market and given its location and current condition (Excellent) that won't be happening anytime.

As an aside, I am all for Manhattanization (in its place), but I don't think that the current location is that place. A concentration of high rises does not a city make (read: Downtown Los Angeles). It is much more important to maintain a viable street life. European and Asian cities have survived centuries without the need for towers everywhere. This said, as Orlando grows, I think that it will be increasingly important to focus on developing street level retail and unique residential properties rather than simply a higher skyline.

Simple economics states that if the existing structure is to be demolished, the new structure has to be work the cost of interrupting the income stream and constructing a property with higher prices per square foot. Right now the property is a the top of the market and given its location and current condition (Excellent) that won't be happening anytime.

As an aside, I am all for Manhattanization (in its place), but I don't think that the current location is that place. A concentration of high rises does not a city make (read: Downtown Los Angeles). It is much more important to maintain a viable street life. European and Asian cities have survived centuries without the need for towers everywhere. This said, as Orlando grows, I think that it will be increasingly important to focus on developing street level retail and unique residential properties rather than simply a higher skyline.

right on, brotha.

Archived