Construction Thread-Orlando-Paramount

Aga11940

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The construction foreman must have read my post this morning. There appears to be the base of tower crane dangling from a cable suspended from the hinge crane. Before lunch several guys unloaded it off a truck, and it appears that it could fit perfectly on the four concrete blocks just below and to the left of it.

dscf0040oy0.jpg

Here's a closer look at the mystery object.

towercraneum8.jpg

Wow youve gotta love the internet. I'm getting the play by play of the construction of my future home. Its a good time to be alive! Ha!

When I initially signed the contract, they mentioned that Feb 2008 was the completion date for the building. Now I am hearing Mid 2008. Has anyone heard about this?

From my understanding, In Florida, the law states that pre-construction buyers can pull out their money if the building is not completed within two years of signing the contract. I signed my contract I believe around August 2005. Has anyone thought about this at all? I have a buddy who has purchased in the building and is threatening to do so. This would inevitably hurt our future sales if a good amount of people pulled out.

Wow youve gotta love the internet. I'm getting the play by play of the construction of my future home. Its a good time to be alive! Ha!

When I initially signed the contract, they mentioned that Feb 2008 was the completion date for the building. Now I am hearing Mid 2008. Has anyone heard about this?

From my understanding, In Florida, the law states that pre-construction buyers can pull out their money if the building is not completed within two years of signing the contract. I signed my contract I believe around August 2005. Has anyone thought about this at all? I have a buddy who has purchased in the building and is threatening to do so. This would inevitably hurt our future sales if a good amount of people pulled out.

I'm a buyer in the building as well. If you read your contract, the Developer has until June 2008 to complete the building.

Agree -- where was that snapped from? The Sanctuary? If so, can I come over and enjoy your view? I'll bring the drinks! :lol:

Yes, it was taken from The Sanctuary. I've been known to invite just about anyone holding a bottle of Grey Goose!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it was taken from The Sanctuary. I've been known to invite just about anyone holding a bottle of Grey Goose!

Alright, UrbanPlanet Orlando party at dannyh's pad :yahoo:

Have Grey Goose in hand, I'll be right over :D

Nice view, I'm jealous.

Ask and you shall receive.

There's concrete on most of the site now, which has cut down on the dust landing on my balcony. Does anyone have any idea how much longer before this thing goes vertical?

That house look so out of place. What else can be built there now? The owner should just sell and get it over with while the market is hot. If a speculator doesn't get him a tax assessor will.

Things have been a bit quiet here in the last week on UP Orlando, figured I would throw in some basic updates to stir up conversation.

As for Paramount the mat is on schedule. If I'm not confusing jobs, they plan on using 6 pumps, with a target of 800-900 cy/hr. The mat is 36" in most spots, and 42" elsewhere. Should be interesting to see, so any contribution from you guys at Waverly and Sanctuary would be greatly appreciated.

there was a post in the waverly regarding a powerpoint presentation that will be conducted by Hardin. The presentation will be conducted next Thursday, September 14 inside the Waverly regarding completion date, number of floors, etc. Hopefully i will be able to attend it and if there are any new information provided, I will relay it on here.

Archived