Birmingham city parks

kayman

• 1 month later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After years of neglect, Linn Park statue gets facelift

Honestly, I haven't really notice how bad that Linn Park has looked over the years. I've only been in the actual park itself only like 3 times because I have only go to there for CityStages. It seems that the park is is pretty bad shape.

I've never actually walked through it, but, from what I can see driving past them, it ain't too nice.

I've never actually walked through it, but, from what I can see driving past them, it ain't too nice.

I haven't noticed it looking particularly shabby. The north end is a little unresolved with that maintenance shed and all the shade hurting the grass. The rest seems to be in pretty good order. It's nice to know that there is a "Friends of Linn Park". I think it would be smart of the city, county, school board, library, and museum to all remember those friends in their budget. I bet they could do a lot.

• 8 months later...

McWane Inc. to build North Birmingham park as penance for their pollution

The park is to be built on 40 acres north of the Birmingham International Airport, which is technically North Eastlake. They are following the ruling of a judge after a federal jury found the company and 3 execs guilty of intentionally violating the Clean Water Act in 2005. It will be in the Airport's 500-foot buffer zone, and the city will take over maintanance responsibility of the park after 5 years.

My only thing is why in that area when BIA is currently purchasing most of the land on that side of town unless they know this and just want to show about face.

Archived