Big East End development firm eyes Reizenstein school building

mjcatl2

Developer Walnut Capital Partners, already interested in redeveloping the old Nabisco bakery on Penn Avenue, also has its eye on the Reizenstein Middle School site across the street.

But the Shadyside real estate company may have to wait two or three years to have a shot at buying the school building and surrounding grounds. The Pittsburgh Public Schools would have to sell the vacant Reizenstein through a public bidding process -- and a decision on such a process is at least two years away, according to school district chief of staff Lisa Fischetti.

More (possible) good news for the East End

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06207/708519-298.stm

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember there was talk of a developer turning the school property into a Walmart. I don't remember who the developer was. I hope this doesn't happen. There is a large luxury townhouse development next door and they should keep it residential. I think a huge suburban style shopping plaza would be a huge waste. The Target proposal at least has an urban edge, incorporating the old Nabisco Building.

Archived