Proposed skyscrapers for Memphis

AmandaHugginkiss

Sike..here are the UNFINISHED drawing I am working on for East Memphis. Hopefully, this can spark some ideas for the city of Memphis. I will be working on a Liberty Bowl Renovation and something for Nashville. Excuse the Above the Horizon spire, its not straight. I was going for density but couldn't help throwing in some sleek skyscrapers for East Memphis...

Cloudy skies over Memphis

EastMemphis12.jpg

Tallest, Spiral Skraper

EastMemphis32-1.jpg

When I get finished with the "Over the Horizon" its going to be sweet.

EastMemphis42.jpg

Density please..

EastMemphis32.jpg

Da Crane

EastMemphis2.jpg

Restaurant/ Lounge, Over the Horizon skys over Clark Tower

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/aman...theHorizon2.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool :thumbsup: Looks like the Target and neighborhood next to it were completely developed over. I hope Belz or other developers lurk this board and build your ideas (giving you royalities ofcourse :) ) We have enough Targets in the metro anyway!!!

Thanks guys. The spiral tower was my girlfriend's idea and I just ran with it. The sleek building to the immediate right of the bank building is my favorite also. It will look alot better once I am finished, just in "developing stages. The "Over the Horizon"/ Jetson look-alike didn't look like that when I started, it was originally supposed to have a triangular base with a huge sphere (like in the picture) and a triangular point.. It looked like a statue at first. It really would look nice downtown Memphis near the Pyramid.. It looked Eygyptian but I am futuristic so I curved all the edges..

I have a ton of ideas; most are very very unique similar to the spiral. Thanks again guys... I will be quitting my job in about 2 weeks, so I will have more time to work on it..

• 2 weeks later...

Ha....I know what you mean..Where have you been?

Out of town for the summer! Enjoying the beach and other places...My brother is going international for Continental, so we were hanging out together before he had to head off to London...then I hear Continental was a target for those terrorists! Probably more info than you needed, but I'm back! And I don't think I'm going to even get involved with the Nashville Int'l Thread...haha...but I may post the link to my source of 166,000 jobs related to MEM. BTW, the towers rock!

Out of town for the summer! Enjoying the beach and other places...My brother is going international for Continental, so we were hanging out together before he had to head off to London...then I hear Continental was a target for those terrorists! Probably more info than you needed, but I'm back! And I don't think I'm going to even get involved with the Nashville Int'l Thread...haha...but I may post the link to my source of 166,000 jobs related to MEM. BTW, the towers rock!

As far as the Nashville thread, I know what you mean. I saw the 160,000 jobs too; I thought the discussion had something to do with MEM International which the link did show that number at MEM.

I heard about the Continental flight from Houston to Britain and the other airliners where United and American. They are trying to strike while the industry is recovering. I don't think they will be as lucky this time.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope someone involved in the Memphis city development can get inspired. I have a ton stored in my brain, just a matter of putting them on paper...

Archived