My Nashville Photo Tour

thirdday2002

A couple of weeks ago I tried my hand at B&W photography around Nashville. This is my first try, and I'm just now getting around to posting these pics. Tell me what you think, and I hope you enjoy!

Delta Queen docked at Riverfront Park

DSCI0213BW800.jpg

I love the density in this shot

DSCI0214BW800.jpg

The LP Field formerly known as the Coliseum

DSCI0216BW800.jpg

I love this "art" over on the East Bank

DSCI0217BW800.jpg

I love Batman from this angle

DSCI0222BW800.jpg

Cool how you can see the L&C and Viridian in the glass reflection (crane and all!)

DSCI0252BW800.jpg

DSCI0253BW800.jpg

Printer's Alley

DSCI0225BW800.jpg

Kinda an interesting angle

DSCI0229BW800.jpg

Our State Capital

DSCI0232BW800.jpg

DSCI0235BW800.jpg

DSCI0246BW800.jpg

Another density shot

DSCI0239BW800.jpg

Hard Rock Cafe

DSCI0219BW800.jpg

New Symphony Hall - Can't wait to see inside!

DSCI0258BW800.jpg

The GEC w/ the Renaissance in the background

DSCI0260BW800.jpg

The Ryman w/ the Suntrust crane in the background

DSCI0261BW800.jpg

Union Station Hotel - I love this building!

DSCI0264BW800.jpg

The End...I hope you enjoyed!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those are really good pictures. Makes downtown look very very impressive. I think my favs are the Delta Queen shot, the East Bank civic art, and the shot from Bicentennial Mall with all of the trees. I kinda wish I had some photography skills... :thumbsup:

Thanks for all of the kind words, I'm just starting to pick up photography as a hobby, and maybe I'll post more soon.

Wow, those are really good pictures. Makes downtown look very very impressive. I think my favs are the Delta Queen shot, the East Bank civic art, and the shot from Bicentennial Mall with all of the trees. I kinda wish I had some photography skills... :thumbsup:

These were some of me and my wife's fav's as well. I really started this project just to use as B&W's for my home office decor, but I had alot of fun doing it!

That Symphony Hall is really something beautiful... and I think I'm beginning to like the "outer space" look of the GEC. Somebody (Hankster I think) has some photos of the SSC next to the GEC, and the eclectic mix is quite attractive. With the Crown and the Encore nearby, it should look very urban (not to mention nice).

I love that first photo! What angle is that taken from? It is so bizarre to see a wide angle shot of downtown without ANY skyscrapers in it.

I took that shot from the East Bank looking across at 1st Ave. I love those buildings. This picture will give you a little more perspective on where I was standing.

DSCI0215BW800.jpg

Archived