1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Charlie Crist (R)
    • Tom Gallagher (R)
    • Rod Smith (D)
    • Jim Davis (D)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blah blah blah, theyre still republicans. Hes also doing well with the NRA, which is far more significant than the few log cabin republicans.

The same thing is wrong with Log Cabin Republicans as is wrong with Republicans in general, and, of course, with Democrats. They're not all evil, but in general, the more the "Democratic" or Republican parties support a candidate, the more suspicious I am of what sort of deals that she/he has made, and how much me and my fellow Florida tax payers are going to have to cough up as our elected officials pay back those "contributions".

For me it's all about what the candidates' neighbors say. My favorite Florida politican was always Claude Kirk (Kirk the Jerk, for those of us old enough to remember) up to and until Bob Martinez salsa danced onto the political scene. Some of you carpet baggers may remember Vampire Bob as the nations Drug Tsar. Actually, he served a distinguished term as Governor of this fair state.

What makes Bob so much fun for moi, is the support he got from his neighbors. In his race for Governor, he didn't carry his county (Hillsboro), his city (Tampa) or his precinct. The people who knew him best didn't vote for him. Some long lasting reputations in public relations were made in that election, including that of at least one regular contributor to this forum.

Nope. Bob Martinez. Our least distinguished governor lately. He had a certain vampiresque quality about himself.

During the 2004 Senate rate, I heard people refer to Betty Castor as "Betty the Crypt Keeper". I will admit from certain angles, she did look like one! :P

^Absolutely no surprises there considering the source.

OK fine, but how would you explain Bill Nelson overwhelmingly winning in that straw poll as well?

The event was in Winter Park, but a vast amount of it were non-Winter Park residents, people from all over Orange County were there, so it has nothing to do with it being in a Republican town.

^C'mon!

Bell Nelson, of course! Who is he up against? Kathryn Harris?! I'm surprised they would even consider her.

Im just saying, by following yalls logic of Winter Park being heavily Republican, then Bill Nelson should have no way won that straw poll.

Republicans would rather have a bad Republican than a Democrat in office.

For the record, Im not considering her, Will McBride 2006 ;)

I was saying I'm not surprised by the outcome not only b/c it was in WP but also b/c it was a Chamber poll.

Glad Nelson won. K. Harris isn't a "true" republican anymore since she was disowned. Maybe Nelson also did well b/c he's from Brevard and those in the Orlando metro relate to that better?

The debutant beauty queen vs. the astronaut..................why is that a difficult choice for any educated person?

And your statement while true "Republicans would rather have a bad Republican than a Democrat in office" shows exactly what is wrong w/the voting system and I find that very sad.

I was saying I'm not surprised by the outcome not only b/c it was in WP but also b/c it was a Chamber poll.

Glad Nelson won. K. Harris isn't a "true" republican anymore since she was disowned. Maybe Nelson also did well b/c he's from Brevard and those in the Orlando metro relate to that better?

The debutant beauty queen vs. the astronaut..................why is that a difficult choice for any educated person?

And your statement while true "Republicans would rather have a bad Republican than a Democrat in office" shows exactly what is wrong w/the voting system and I find that very sad.

I'm so in support of Katy. She's a hoot and such fun at parties, especially after having a few mojitos. Katy is a great example of the American principle that says "rich people are smarter and should be in charge." Of course in Katy's case, a lot of her bucks came from her Grandpa Ben, but that shouldn't matter because of the money and smart thing. While Ms. Harris might not be able to pull off a win (and that would be a shame - I might have to stop reading Wonkette.com and go back to watching television), a lot of other stupid rich folks are going to win elections and they aren't half as cute as Katy or nearly as fun when fueled up with a little ethanol.

Yes, it was mainly b/c Nelson is from the Orlando metro area.

I dont think theres necessarily anything wrong with that. In Harris' case, its not the policies/ideals of the person that doesnt appeal to Republicans, its the character and personality they dont like. Really, Harris is a conservative poster child, but shes just a nut. Maybe I worded it wrong in my previous post. Even though I think she will be indicted (enter Tom Gallagher for Senate), I would rather have Kooky Kathering than Idle Bill.

Yes, it was mainly b/c Nelson is from the Orlando metro area.

I dont think theres necessarily anything wrong with that. In Harris' case, its not the policies/ideals of the person that doesnt appeal to Republicans, its the character and personality they dont like. Really, Harris is a conservative poster child, but shes just a nut. Maybe I worded it wrong in my previous post. Even though I think she will be indicted (enter Tom Gallagher for Senate), I would rather have Kooky Kathering than Idle Bill.

She might be a nut, but who in their right mind would want to be a politician? Katy's cute and fun and getting to watch her get indicted, convicted and then pardoned by Jeb or W is going to be great fun. Where do you get that "Idle Bill" stuff? He's been a sponsor or cosponsor of almost 500 bills in the 109th congress.

I love the way that some folk (not pointing any fingers) resort to name calling instead of talking facts. This is nothing but smoke and mirrors; the same as television advertising. Oh wait, advertising and PR firms are the folks running most of the campaighs. No wonder.

She might be a nut, but who in their right mind would want to be a politician? Katy's cute and fun and getting to watch her get indicted, convicted and then pardoned by Jeb or W is going to be great fun. Where do you get that "Idle Bill" stuff? He's been a sponsor or cosponsor of almost 500 bills in the 109th congress.

I love the way that some folk (not pointing any fingers) resort to name calling instead of talking facts. This is nothing but smoke and mirrors; the same as television advertising. Oh wait, advertising and PR firms are the folks running most of the campaighs. No wonder.

Kooky Katherine and Idle Bill are just names that have come up. They have nothing to do with PR firms. Anyway, cosponsoring a bill can be done with the click of a mouse. Not too significant.

And I can tell you with much certainty that Katherine will not be pardoned if convicted. All these situations have already been rehearsed.

Kooky Katherine and Idle Bill are just names that have come up. They have nothing to do with PR firms. Anyway, cosponsoring a bill can be done with the click of a mouse. Not too significant.

And I can tell you with much certainty that Katherine will not be pardoned if convicted. All these situations have already been rehearsed.

It's good to know that the justice system is scripted. Will there be commercial breaks? I'd love to see a Bob Dole advert for vitamin V as part of the show.

Maybe you are not familiar with the senate race in CT. Republicans will gladly sacrifice one of their own if there is a political gain for their party.

Very familiar with the race. As far as the other 99 situations, what I said holds true.

It's good to know that the justice system is scripted. Will there be commercial breaks? I'd love to see a Bob Dole advert for vitamin V as part of the show.

The Justice System is not scripted, Im not even sure what youre referring to. With around 4 months left in his term, the Governor knows who will and will not be pardoned.

And the fact that you think Katherine is "cute" is troubling lol ;)

Very familiar with the race. As far as the other 99 situations, what I said holds true.

The Justice System is not scripted, Im not even sure what youre referring to. With around 4 months left in his term, the Governor knows who will and will not be pardoned.

And the fact that you think Katherine is "cute" is troubling lol ;)

I've been to a lot of rehersals in my life, and every one of them has been scripted. All of them have had producers, directors, and (best of all) caterers. I know a lot of the caterers of your current production, a few of the directors, and have a pretty good idea who the producers are. I even think I know who your scriptwriter is, and if it's who I think, all I can say is "wow".

As far as the lovely Ms. Harris' hotness, or lack thereof, is concerned; it's all in what you dig baby. I'm way too polite and too much of a gentleghost to say more, so I will leave this topic behind (ahem). It's all in what floats your boat, as Uncle Raymond was fond of saying when speaking of Aunt Ruby. I suppose that you'd rather have leggy Ann in your hottub anyway.

Now get back out there and be good little policy wonks. There is a lot more of the DNA of state government infrastructure for you to privatize before your bunch goes somewhere else. Keep up the good work and eat mo' possum.

I heart Tallahassee.

OK fine, but how would you explain Bill Nelson overwhelmingly winning in that straw poll as well?

The event was in Winter Park, but a vast amount of it were non-Winter Park residents, people from all over Orange County were there, so it has nothing to do with it being in a Republican town.

It wasn't the Winter Park part they were commenting on but the Chamber of Commerce. C of C's are usually overwhelmingly Republican, unless said Republican is a lunatic who is one step from being indited, such as Katherine Harris. This wasn't too representative of Florida as a whole.

I've been to a lot of rehersals in my life, and every one of them has been scripted. All of them have had producers, directors, and (best of all) caterers. I know a lot of the caterers of your current production, a few of the directors, and have a pretty good idea who the producers are. I even think I know who your scriptwriter is, and if it's who I think, all I can say is "wow".

As far as the lovely Ms. Harris' hotness, or lack thereof, is concerned; it's all in what you dig baby. I'm way too polite and too much of a gentleghost to say more, so I will leave this topic behind (ahem). It's all in what floats your boat, as Uncle Raymond was fond of saying when speaking of Aunt Ruby. I suppose that you'd rather have leggy Ann in your hottub anyway.

Now get back out there and be good little policy wonks. There is a lot more of the DNA of state government infrastructure for you to privatize before your bunch goes somewhere else. Keep up the good work and eat mo' possum.

I heart Tallahassee.

Who is my scriptwriter?

If your implying that I work for the Jeb or the State of Florida, you would be mistaken. I am in the private sector, but deeply in government. Whoever producers, caterers, or whoever else you think you know is irrelevant. Not everything is as planned as you would tell yourself that it is. Why? Things constantly change. And who is "my bunch?" Sorry to bring down the "wow" factor.

Somtimes, you get to involved in your "ghost" character, as if you have convinced yourself...Lots of empty words

Registered Independent but I don't vote for Republicans usually so it's Davis for me although Crist does have many positions that appeal to me.

As for Gallagher his ads have really turned me off with his conservative agenda. It just sounds very exclusionary especially his pro family BS....all of a sudden he becomes a dad and he's the family guy! Another turn off is the gay marriage amendment he wants to push. I'm not gay but why does he want to enshrine discrimination into our state Constitution? Has he bothered to look around Florida & realize there is a large gay population here as well as many gay tourists? What kind of message does that send to the world about Florida? He sounds like he should be running in Alabama instead of Florida! One of the things I love about Florida is it's live & let live attitude & Gallagher is off on that issue.

Smith just makes me laugh with his goofy ads and I don't know enough about him to make a comment yet.

PS: I live in Orange County.

Aside from all the giggles about 'Katy' Harris, I will relate that my wife is a higher-up in the Orlando business community and remarked as to how Katherine Harris, unlike the other candidates and dinitaries who have traipsed through her office, was exceedingly sharp and had a firm grasp of what my wife's firm was about.

For the record, my wife is certainly not a political partisan.

Archived