2006 Governors Race  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Charlie Crist (R)
    • Tom Gallagher (R)
    • Rod Smith (D)
    • Jim Davis (D)

Who is my scriptwriter?

If your implying that I work for the Jeb or the State of Florida, you would be mistaken. I am in the private sector, but deeply in government. Whoever producers, caterers, or whoever else you think you know is irrelevant. Not everything is as planned as you would tell yourself that it is. Why? Things constantly change. And who is "my bunch?" Sorry to bring down the "wow" factor.

Smells like Barney Bishop and his minions over at AI of FL to me?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, whoever "these guys" are you speak of. M-M-Maybe you c-c-can tell m-m-m-e what yo-yo-you m-m-m-mean.

:lol:

My niece is in grad. school to become a speech pathologist, so maybe she can help you GG. She's also, to my shame, a Republican thanks to the Auburn influence.

:lol:

My niece is in grad. school to become a speech pathologist, so maybe she can help you GG. She's also, to my shame, a Republican thanks to the Auburn influence.

Thanks Poonther. I think it just seems to happen when our friend with the alternate ego acts like a ghost...kind of weird.

Thanks Poonther. I think it just seems to happen when our friend with the alternate ego acts like a ghost...kind of weird.

I'm just glad to be of service and appreciate the inexpensive amusement. Thanks for playing. So let's move on to something more interesting.

Do you think that Charlie is doing a chemical tan? a tanning bed/salon? laying out on the beach at Grand Turk? That boy do look basted.

I'm just glad to be of service and appreciate the inexpensive amusement. Thanks for playing. So let's move on to something more interesting.

Do you think that Charlie is doing a chemical tan? a tanning bed/salon? laying out on the beach at Grand Turk? That boy do look basted.

Its not secret that it is a tan booth. Numbers are in for day one of early voting.

Its not secret that it is a tan booth. Numbers are in for day one of early voting.

Tanning Booth? I thought and have heard/read numerous times in print, on TV and from one of his "right-hand men" in my 'hood that the party line is that he's Greek and boats a lot. B/C after they always said that I thought to myself, "wow I never knew Greeks turned orange when you exposed them to the sun."

Anyway, GG are you saying that they are going to officially report daily early voting results for all the counties? Or are you saying these results came from polling samples of people that voted? I sure would NOT like them to report daily results from all the counties or even the big ones. That information should remain a secret to all except maybe the Election Supervisors until ALL election votes and results are reported IMO.

Can you shed some light on the subject GG?

Tanning Booth? I thought and have heard/read numerous times in print, on TV and from one of his "right-hand men" in my 'hood that the party line is that he's Greek and boats a lot. B/C after they always said that I thought to myself, "wow I never knew Greeks turned orange when you exposed them to the sun."

Anyway, GG are you saying that they are going to officially report daily early voting results for all the counties? Or are you saying these results came from polling samples of people that voted? I sure would NOT like them to report daily results from all the counties or even the big ones. That information should remain a secret to all except maybe the Election Supervisors until ALL election votes and results are reported IMO.

No, unfortunately not official results, they are exit polls, so they are unscientific, but its the first info we have to go on. So far, its Crist and Smith, Harris and Nelson, Lee and Sink, and McCollum and Campbell

No, unfortunately not official results, they are exit polls, so they are unscientific, but its the first info we have to go on. So far, its Crist and Smith, Harris and Nelson, Lee and Sink, and McCollum and Campbell

Unfortunately? You mean fortunately. It's not a football or basketball game where you tell the score at the end of the quarter or period. Good to know that the election results won't be given until the end. Somehow releasing the results early would ruin what's left of the integrity of the election process IMO.

I agree completely with that Poonther. Kinda reminds me of what happened in Yr 2000, although there was no early voting, the announcement of the outcome before the Central Time Zone Florida polling area was closed might have had an affect on the voting west of Gadsden County.

Greek? Right hand man? OMG! You crack me up.

tom gallagher was completely out classed... he looked very JV tonight, not at all ready for prime time. :blush:

charlie crist was sharp, although he failed to give a concrete answer on more than one occassion (gay marriage and abortion) he definetly appeared to be more comfortable on camera... he also was the more polished of the two.

the highlight was when Krispy took a shot at gallagher and called his answers an act of desperation for someone who was running for governor for the 4th time. true, but nonetheless, ouch.

I listened to it. Crispy was by far the better of the two. He is very liberal in his stances, with a few republican stances here and there.

I can't wait until the Democrats debate tomorrow night.

It didn't seem as if Gallager was prepaired for him.

What stances is he very liberal on?

What stances is he very liberal on?

Allow me to first retract the word "very".

I only caught the end of last nights debate. I believe I only heard responses to three questions from both candidates. Of those questions they asked about drilling off of the Florida Coast line I remember thinking to myself, he sounds like a Democrat (this was a good thing of course! :D ) The way he talked about wiping off birds, and the sensitive tone toward the environment made him sound liberal for that particular question.

Allow me to first retract the word "very".

I only caught the end of last nights debate. I believe I only heard responses to three questions from both candidates. Of those questions they asked about drilling off of the Florida Coast line I remember thinking to myself, he sounds like a Democrat (this was a good thing of course! :D ) The way he talked about wiping off birds, and the sensitive tone toward the environment made him sound liberal for that particular question.

Good call on the retraction ;)

As far as off shore in Florida, it was very much pushed by Congress in Washington, Republicans and Democrats. The Florida Congressional Delegation (for the most part) ganged up to fight it, because they didnt want it. The Compromise happened because it was our only chance of playing somewhat of a defense. That Bill was going to pass whether we liked it or not, so at least we were able to get a certain mileage restriction on it. I dont know if you have heard the radio spots criticizing Mel Martinez from "Friends of Wildlife PAC" I believe. It is about as misleading and inaccurate as it could possibly be. They should be thanking him that they wont be drilling as close as 70 miles as Congress would have liked.

Thanking MEL??? Thanking Mel, you must be joking or that must be the AI spin on it b/c Barney and AI came out of the gate supporting offshore drilling. The compromise was BS IMO too. You don't crap where you eat. Even animals know that. The only good drilling is nowhere off the coast of FL, nowhere.

TJ Crist certainly is no liberal, maybe a moderate. The conservatives get nervous when you call their people liberal even though one of the main historical figures they claim was a huge liberal IMO. FL would not a know liberal if it sat on us.

So the Dems debate tonight? I didn't watch the debates last night b/c I wasn't interested. Another good show to watch on TV, WFSU is Bandwagon. They'll be replaying it every night until elections. Here's the SCHEDULE but you'll need Adobe to open this pdf file.

The highlight of that program was Khufu's hard hat. I'd vote for him for just wearing the hat. :) He took it to Proctor about selling out the Southside, but Proctor's response was good. It wasn't all true, meaning that he didn't do all that for the Southside by himself, but nonetheless Proctor took the correct approach IMO. This program helped me decide on a few races. I'd listen to the candidates and did not like the candidates that just talked about what fine people they are. The candidates I liked were the ones that said what they were going to try and do. Many stated improving relations w/the universities which is a good point IMO. Watch and see for yourselves and if you've got a "beloved DVR" you can just skip past the races you don't have a vote in or skip past the singing and interviews.

Thanking MEL??? Thanking Mel, you must be joking or that must be the AI spin on it b/c Barney and AI came out of the gate supporting offshore drilling. The compromise was BS IMO too. You don't crap where you eat. Even animals know that. The only good drilling is nowhere off the coast of FL, nowhere.

Yes, thanking Mel. Had he not been able to put together some sort of compromise, such as what as passed, like I said earlier, they would be drilling MUCH MUCH closer to the shoreline. That would have really put some people in a frenzy now wouldnt it have? The bill as written, prior to the compromise, had PLENTY of votes to get passed in both chambers. You may think the compromise is BS, but at least you wont be able to see oil riggers when you spend a day on St George Island now. At least some people in Congress were decent enough to hear, and eventually pass the compromise. But, I guess no matter how hard you try, sometimes you just cant win with people. Its Damn if you do Damn if you dont.

And what does AIF have to do with it? I never said anything about it?? Ive dealt with Barney only one time, and honestly I didnt much care for him.

And who is getting nervous? I just dont want people misrepresented, thats all!

And who was our historical figure that was "liberal?"

Archived