Granby Tower

utcltjay

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares who has the tallest as long as its in this area!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't really trying to say who had the tallest. Maybe I should be more clear about what I said earlier. Basically I was just wondering why all the talk seems limited, selective, and carefully delivered when the rendering "says" more than what we've been told.

Sorry dude if I seemed confusing...

Counting the buildings floors plus the first sector of glass i come up with 29 floors, so the rendering appears to be fairly accurate. I belive the skinnier portions are all just spire and if this structure is to be 31 floors then we are actually missing 2 floors from the rendering.

I wasn't really trying to say who had the tallest. Maybe I should be more clear about what I said earlier. Basically I was just wondering why all the talk seems limited, selective, and carefully delivered when the rendering "says" more than what we've been told.

Sorry dude if I seemed confusing...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't directing it to you. I was just stating how i felt that as long as the tallest buildings are in this area i will be happy. I was the one that should have been more clear....

Counting the buildings floors plus the first sector of glass i come up with 29 floors, so the rendering appears to be fairly accurate. I belive the skinnier portions are all just spire and if this structure is to be 31 floors then we are actually missing 2 floors from the rendering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the 31 floor count isn't official. Technically, the whole design hasn't even been approved, so the rendering might not be completely up to date.

Well the 31 floor count isn't official. Technically, the whole design hasn't even been approved, so the rendering might not be completely up to date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm really waiting on some computer renderings anyway before i come to any final conclusions.

What do you think that it might be actually taller or its just going to be 29 stories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, i believe it's 31 stories as stated. Okinawas source has been very accurate so far, even to the point of being confirmed by some of the things the Vice Mayors office has stated. I just think that only a computer rendering can give us a real "feel" for the size of this structure.

I dunno how to think or look at this but this past Saturday I drove by the Granby Tower site and the project's sign was taken down and the frame was left so I thought they were updating it. Earlier today, the entire thing was gone. Not very exciting to say the least.

I dunno how to think or look at this but this past Saturday I drove by the Granby Tower site and the project's sign was taken down and the frame was left so I thought they were updating it. Earlier today, the entire thing was gone. Not very exciting to say the least.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everything seems to be full steam ahead on this. They've got two websites now with the new rendering on them. They're are most likely getting ready to put up a sign with the updated rendering on it. It's possible that the old frame was not the appropriate size to support the new sign.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's also possible that its location was in the way of the current construction and utility work going on around york street.

I think i still have Marathon developments number tucked away somewhere so i'm going to call them tommorrow and ask them about this. Okinawa, if you read this sometime soon can you check on this with your friend in planning?

Everything seems to be full steam ahead on this. They've got two websites now with the new rendering on them. They're are most likely getting ready to put up a sign with the updated rendering on it. It's possible that the old frame was not the appropriate size to support the new sign.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh cool. what is the address for the website?

oh cool. what is the address for the website?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was referring to the websites posted by Willy earlier in this thread. I doubt that anything has happened to this project with them just hiring 2 marketing companies and flying a guy in all the way from Chicago to take pictures for the website. The only thing that has been mentioned that could possibly even affect this project is if the city didn't compromise with the developer on York street and that would just be plain stupid of them. As i said, i will try to confirm this with Marathon tommorrow.

I was referring to the websites posted by Willy earlier in this thread. I doubt that anything has happened to this project with them just hiring 2 marketing companies and flying a guy in all the way from Chicago to take pictures for the website. The only thing that has been mentioned that could possibly even affect this project is if the city didn't compromise with the developer on York street and that would just be plain stupid of them. As i said, i will try to confirm this with Marathon tommorrow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh ok. I didn't know if they actually had a website up and running to promote this project as of yet.

I think i still have Marathon developments number tucked away somewhere so i'm going to call them tommorrow and ask them about this. Okinawa, if you read this sometime soon can you check on this with your friend in planning?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sure thing...I just emailed him and I'll let you all know what he says.

Just got off the phone with Marathon. They said, "Tell everyone not to worry the project is still a go. We are getting bigger and better signs. This building will be 31 stories with 300 condos and we will break ground January of 2006."

Just got off the phone with Marathon. They said, "Tell everyone not to worry the project is still a go. We are getting bigger and better signs. This building will be 31 stories with 300 condos and we will break ground January of 2006."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amazing. A 31-story all-condo tower in Norfolk....I can't wait! Even though Va Beach will have the tallest building, this one will be up there right with it probably!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could you ask them what the footage will be on the building

could you ask them what the footage will be on the building

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll see what i can do. Sometimes they don't want to provide such details for obvious reasons. The flip side to all this is that i assume they will have the website address on the new signs whenever they are put up. It doesn't make much sense to spend all that money on new signs just to go and have to change them again when you have the website up. I'm also anxious to see some computerized renderings of this project. 2 buildings in HR breaking the 30 story mark! I never thought i'd see the day :D .

Archived