New Plate

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice. Looks like GR as well as Detroit are represented in the rendering.

I like it! It's great that the GR skyline is represented! (even though it looks like the Amway Grand is the tallest - I guess it is the most "signature" tower) I guess all Detroit gets is the Ren Cen.

I've never liked any of the Michigan plate designs except for the basic blue, but I'm ready to replace my blue now!

Hey, since they have all the college custom plates, they should let you "choose your skyline" designs! =)

They will be available in January for $5 more than the cost of a regular plate.

I'm confused, I thought this plate was replacing the regular blue plate. Also, I remember reading, on the SOS website I think, that this plate will be replaced at no additional cost to the resident when your blue one expires.

Found what I was looking for, but I'm still confused, maybe someone can clarify.

In this article, it states "There will be no extra cost to residents for a replacement plate."

However, in this article, it says "The plate goes on sale Jan. 1, 2007. It replaces the Great Lakes Splendor version introduced in 1997, also known as the "Bridge" plate. As is the case with the Bridge plate, the new Spectacular Peninsulas version will be available as an alternative to Michigan

Found what I was looking for, but I'm still confused, maybe someone can clarify.

In this article, it states "There will be no extra cost to residents for a replacement plate."

However, in this article, it says "The plate goes on sale Jan. 1, 2007. It replaces the Great Lakes Splendor version introduced in 1997, also known as the "Bridge" plate. As is the case with the Bridge plate, the new Spectacular Peninsulas version will be available as an alternative to Michigan

I've always liked how some of the southern states have the counties included at the bottom. Ohio had that for a while too. It would be interesting to see where people are from by their plate. I am pretty observant and notice plates a lot and also dealer tags so I would love to see that on there

"Spectacular Peninsulas" replaces the old bridge plate.

Replacing the blue-with-white letters is one in reverse, white (reflective) with blue letters.

THe whole initiative was to implement a reflective tag.

I like this new design, and the fact that it includes the mitten, etc.

I think I'll hate the "white plate with blue letters" as Ohio had that 20 years ago and I always thought their plates looked filthy.

I love the new "spectacular peninsulas" plate...I think it's a nice representation of the entire state (both industry of our cities and the incredible north country).

My car has the 100th anniversary of the automobile plate on it.

dont see too many of those anymore.

Whenever a driver cuts me off in traffic, doesn't use turn signals, or otherwise behaves like someone sorely in need of remedial driver's ed, invariably the car has one of those tags on it.

The lighthouse-waterway-children-environmental tags are never culprits.

[this is an unscientific study with a random error of +/- 30%]

I really hate both of the new plates. Plain white on blue? Who we supposed to be, Illinois? Lame.

And what's all this junk around the border. All it says to me is "Michigan has buildings and trees and water and bridges--everything for everyone." BFD! Who doesn't.

Both plates describe Michigan about as much as plain white bread.

I say slap a big image of the two peninsulas on there and use the tag "America's High Five." Now THAT'S a kickin' plate. And everyone will want to live in Michigan, JUST to have it.

Because everyone loves high-fives.

I really hate both of the new plates. Plain white on blue? Who we supposed to be, Illinois? Lame.

And what's all this junk around the border. All it says to me is "Michigan has buildings and trees and water and bridges--everything for everyone." BFD! Who doesn't.

Both plates describe Michigan about as much as plain white bread.

I say slap a big image of the two peninsulas on there and use the tag "America's High Five." Now THAT'S a kickin' plate. And everyone will want to live in Michigan, JUST to have it.

Because everyone loves high-fives.

I remember that thread:

highfivechick.jpg

Archived