Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J0e

Belk to buy Parisian

13 posts in this topic

Here's a link to an article in the AJC.

Any ideas about the Parisian @ CSG? I assume all Parisians are to become Belk stores.

LOL!!! I thought Belk was a bit more value oriented than Parisians. Oh well, well see what happens now that Belk has bought them out.

The CSG Parisian will be reflagged as a Belk. I would suspect that you'll see a lesser quality assortment when this happens.

The CSG Parisian will be reflagged as a Belk. I would suspect that you'll see a lesser quality assortment when this happens.

If that happens, the reflagged Belk (Old Proffitt's) @ West Town in Knoxville is fairly nice. It even has a Kiehl's counter.

I'd be willing to say that Belk was a step up from Proffitt's. That chain had really gone down in the past few years.

I'd be willing to say that Belk was a step up from Proffitt's. That chain had really gone down in the past few years.

Well, I've known Belk from the smaller stores that it operates and those are very impressive at all. LOL. When I lived in Knoxville, I never shopped @ Proffitt's.

The only Belk I've shopped at is in Asheville, NC and it had all the brands that I see in Parisians now. First Macy's, now this. CSG will feel like a mall in some other city soon.

Is this the same Belk that I've seen before listed as Belk-Jones?

You got it. Parks-Belk, Hudson-Belk, Belk-Lindsay, Belk-Simpson...and the list goes on and on. They're all Belk. LOL!

I am glad to see Belks come back into this market. I grew up in E TN where there were Belks in all the DT areas and then they moved to the malls. I think their pricing and quality of their goods are excellent and have always been a fan.

I sometimes go to the one up in Springfield, which is an hour away for me.

i wish they were overtaking jc penny or some other store, parisian is the nicest dept store in this location, such a shame to see it leave. we need a nordstrom, bloomingdales, or neiman marcus to come in now and pick up the slack

I'll be honest, I've always thought of Belk as the "Wal mart" of the clothing retailers.