Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse to open.

According to an ad in Cigar Aficionado mag. the very upscale Steak House will open it 7th location. Charlotte is really becoming an upscale dining hub. The city will join NY, Dallas, Orlando, Denver, Ft. Worth, and Vegas. What do y'all think of future restaurant openings? Anybody know where it will open?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

piedmont town center near southpark

Theres another one going in there too -- The Oceanaire. That's the one I'm excited about. That place looks killer...kind of like the Morton's of seafood restaurants. Again, a restaurant with locations is large cities.

http://www.theoceanaire.com/

Even though I'm excited to get restaurants like these, they are chains after all. I wish Charlotte had more local upscale places. I mean...Mortons, Sullivan's, Ruth's Chris, Del Frisco, Brio, the Palm, The Oceanaire, McCormick & Schicks, The Palomino (well, not anymore), The Capitol Grill...they are all chains. We have a few good local upscale places like Upstream, Blue, Latorre's, Mimosa Grill, Aquavina, Zink, Luce. All of the upscale places seem to be owned by the same few people, though.

That's what sets the culinary scene in some cities apart -- they don't depend on these chains as their major source of upscale dining.

Don't get me wrong, though...I do love some Ruth's Chris.

Archived