KMEM Pictures

Fellowmann20

Heres some KMEM pics. They were taken off of Democrat Road at the car rental places, and the 3 last pics are from an earlier visit when I was dropping off my mom at the airport. I wish I could have gotten some shots of the all the planes at the passenger terminal, but there isn't really any good spots unless you have a good zoom on your camera with a lot of mega pixels. Enjoy! :D

Heres a bunch of FedEx planes getting loaded, unloaded, etc. Including 727s, DC-10s, MD-10s, MD-11s, Airbus 300s, and Airbus 310s.

FedEx1up.jpg

Some more of the same.

FedEx2up.jpg

This is one of the C-5 Galaxys for the 164th Airlift Wing. Its huge! :shok:

FedEx3up.jpg

I tried to get the terminal, but it was hard since it was over a mile away.

FedEx4up.jpg

More planes.

FedEx5up.jpg

Heres a tank for the 164th Airlift Wing. I'm not sure but I think it holds jet fuel.

FedEx6up.jpg

This is a DC-10, MD-10, or MD-11 landing on 18C. I'm not sure how you can tell which one it is. Every 2 minutes a FedEx plane like this or a NWA plane would land on 18C.

FedEx7up.jpg

The back.

FedEx8up.jpg

Thats a NWA plane with the new paint job. Its either a MD-80, MD-83 or DC-9. It was landing on 18C too.

FedEx9up.jpg

Thats an Airbus 300. I think its the 2nd biggest in the FedEx fleet next to the DC-10.

FedEx10up.jpg

More and more FedEx planes. This pic was taken off of Airways.

FedEx11up.jpg

Heres the Terminal B entrances on the 2nd floor.

FedEx12up.jpg

The wonderful control tower. Aren't they building a new one?

FedEx13up.jpg

Hoped you liked them. Comments accepted. :thumbsup:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FedEx7up.jpg

MD11. You can tell by the winglets.

FedEx8up.jpg

That's a different plane...a DC10-10 or an MD10-10. DC10s and MD10s are structurally indistinguishable from one another because only the cockpit and avionics are different. Would have to see the tail number. It's likely an MD10 because we have more of them now than unconverted DC10s.

BTW...you can tell it's a 10-10 because it does not have a center landing gear. DC/MD10-30s have a center landing gear.

FedEx9up.jpg

DC-9, looks like a -50 or -70 based on its length. NW didn't get any MD-80 series.

FedEx10up.jpg

A300 - 3rd biggest...behind #1 MD11 and #2 DC10. Of course, the A380 will bump them all out of the way.

FedEx13up.jpg

Yep, they're supposed to be building a new 305 ft. tower - right in the middle of where the terminal access road is now. They have to move the road first!

Hoped you liked them. Comments accepted. :thumbsup:

I sure did! Thanks for taking some pics of the heart of the Memphis economy!

cdarr : Wow! you sure know a lot more about planes than me! :blush: Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks for the comments everyone! :thumbsup:I try to bring out picture threads of Memphis every so often and the next one Im working on should be pics of the buildings down the Poplar Corridor. I've only been able to get 3 pics so far because I haven't had many chances to go down there recently.

Archived