Nashville Rising

monsoon

Looks as if the Charlotte media has finally taken notice that Nashville may build the tallest tower in the Southeast. Not surprising they have a Charlotte slant to the importance of this in that this tower will eclipse the BofA towers in the Southeast which tend to the be the tallest in the region.

I thought you guys might like to see it and I put this in it's own thread as to not to clutter up the main topic on the Signature Tower.

Nashville Rising - Planned 65-story tower would be tallest in region

This is a nice rendering from that article.

230715000479.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks monsoon. I love the kids face in the ad next to it. Kind of fitting.

While it may not be the most important aspect of Signature, it is a bit silly for Mr. Turner to say that its height doesn't matter. It is the shear size and scope of Signature that has drawn so much attention to it in the national media. How is that not significant? However, he is correct about ST's impact on Nashville itself. I think it will pay off for years to come.

I think that is well-written article. Only on here do we really care about who has the tallest buildings :)

I think the "sunbelt" cities should really start aligning themselves as a complete regional vacation destination. A few years back I remember that Nashville, Atlanta and New Orleans did some combined advertising and I think it worked well. People are mesmorized by the South so I think there is definitely a need for this type of partnership (even at a very small level).

Thanks for that post metro. :thumbsup:

I've read some of the posting on the Charlotte page today and some of your members still don't think this tower will be built. "This is just my opinion," I think highly of Charlotte but, it seems like it still doesn't want Nashville to have this tower.

.... "This is just my opinion," I think highly of Charlotte but, It still doesn't want Nashville to have this tower.

While I assume that we have a few skyscraper fanboys on this site, most of what you describe is relgated to the diatribes that take place on SSC & SSP. UrbanPlanet's scope is not just limited to skyscrapers, which while important, are just a small aspect of what makes a good city. There are many more issues which is why we are UrbanPlanet and not SkyscraperPlanet.

Honestly, in the 3 years I helped operate this forum, I have seen condo projects come and go all over the USA. I don't count on any tower being built until the shovels hit the ground. Discussions on whether this tower will be built or not really have nothing to do with competition between the cities (though I know certain forumers don't believe this) but instead are based on the realities of what it takes to build a highrise condo. There are 14 towers under construction or proposed for Charlotte, and there is endless discussion in the CLT forum on how the city can sustain this level of construction. (by my count this is 3500 condos in just the highrises) So please take notice of that before you jump to the conclusion that Charlotte forumers don't want the Signature tower built. Most of them haven't even taken notice of it except in passing.

I agree with you Metro.

The only comments I saw were on a thread that was closed by you. I think only a few people get jealous at another city for the towers being built or proposed. They will get over it in the long run.

I will be interested to see how many of the towers are built in Nashville. By my count there are at least 15 towers 11 stories and up either proposed or under construction with about another 12 that are between 6 and ten possible. I will be happy for any city that is seeing that type of growth.

I don't think the Charlotte people are obsessing over it but I do think they are let down. Not in the fact that Nashville is getting a supertall but in the presumption that Wachovia isn't at least supassing BOA. In other words, they don't care what Nashville gets but are a bit let down that Wachovia isn't what they expected in terms of height. So that leaves a few on there that are throwing out questions about why Sig is only 300 million (latest cost) and Wachovia project is 800 million dollars. They are trying to add and subtract costs in the desperate hope that somehow Wachovia is going to throw out a bombshell of a design right at the end and delightfully suprise everyone. You never know.

While I assume that we have a few skyscraper fanboys on this site, most of what you describe is relgated to the diatribes that take place on SSC & SSP. UrbanPlanet's scope is not just limited to skyscrapers, which while important, are just a small aspect of what makes a good city. There are many more issues which is why we are UrbanPlanet and not SkyscraperPlanet.

Honestly, in the 3 years I helped operate this forum, I have seen condo projects come and go all over the USA. I don't count on any tower being built until the shovels hit the ground. Discussions on whether this tower will be built or not really have nothing to do with competition between the cities (though I know certain forumers don't believe this) but instead are based on the realities of what it takes to build a highrise condo. There are 14 towers under construction or proposed for Charlotte, and there is endless discussion in the CLT forum on how the city can sustain this level of construction. (by my count this is 3500 condos in just the highrises) So please take notice of that before you jump to the conclusion that Charlotte forumers don't want the Signature tower built. Most of them haven't even taken notice of it except in passing.

I apologize metro. m, I never ment to start a Nashville vs Charlotte discussion or anything in that matter about my opinionated comment. :lol:

But, I'm very happy that Nashville's getting a lot of national attention for its growth!!! :D

..... So that leaves a few on there that are throwing out questions about why Sig is only 300 million (latest cost) and Wachovia project is 800 million dollars. .....

It is a subject worth a discussion given the amount of money in question. It should be noted the last time Wachovia publically said anything about this building was because of the forumers at UrbanPlanet. One of our forumers had access to a place where this builiding is being planned and took a secret camera photo of the building. He then posted it on UrbanPlanet. We were then contacted by the paper about it, and they then printed a story about this and referred to the forumers on UrbanPlanet. You can see the article here. We got a lot of traffic that day and it forced the bank to respond. :lol:

This is the reason there is a lot of speculation on this building by our forumers.

Whew!

Every week there is another hot topic about another building proposed for our city and it's tough to keep up with all this news. It's time to take a breath and look at what is going on in Nashville right now, regarding construction of skyscrapers. I have never seen anything like it before.

This graphical summary shows all the buildings 200' and higher under construction or proposed (some heights based on my best guess);

Whew1.jpg

That's a good mix of office, hotel and condo demonstrating that this is not a one dimensional building boom.

And then there's the hot rumors about possible development. Remember, the 'Crown' was a hot rumor a few months ago.

Whew2.jpg

Buckle your seatbelts. The next few years are going to be crazy. Whether you like it or not, our old skyline won't be recognizable.

Nashville is rising!

Wow, I didn't realize that Adelicia will be greater than 200' tall.

BTW: Nice graphic PH. Thanks.

Thanks.

I believe they (Adelicea) are advertised as lofts, which would indicate a floor to floor height greater than 10'. Plus, with several floors of retail, etc. it should easily surpass the 200' mark. Just my guess, anyway.

Great job PHofKS.!!! :thumbsup:

You are correct about Adelicia being over 200. I saw something I thought about it coming close to the height of the Palmer Plaza. It may have been a dream or conversation in passing. The Adelicia's first floor is very imposing on 20th. Drove past last week and it is going to be a monster for that neighborhood.

We have a lot of smaller buildings proposed or under construction as well, to give us some density. The Ball park with a 14 story tower adn a 10 story hotel. Not to mention the numerous 6 to 8 story buildings on Rolling Mill Hill. 5th and Main, adn I am sure there will be others.

I think there is one more you can add to the Under Construction / Solid Proposal list. At the forum meet this Saturday, we toured the Terrazzo Sales office on the 30th Floor of the L&C Tower. I left much more impressed about the Terrazzo than I thought I would be. It's going to a terrific project! It's way more upscale than I realized. The ceiling height in the Terrazzo will be 11Ft 8 Inches. Therefore the height between floors will be 13 to 14 Ft. Add to that a 24 Ft high first floor, and this 14 story project will tower at least 200 Ft. I'm guessing 24 Ft + (13 x 14 Ft). That adds up to 206 Ft High, and they've already had their ceremonial groundbreaking!

Archived