Bass Berry & Sims Tower "The Crown"

doormanpoet

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible for someone to take and post some skyline pictures of Downtown with this newly completed tower? Maybe even some pictures at dusk, so the light feature is visible? I grew up in Nashville, but these days I rarely get to visit, so it's nice to check in on things here on urbanplanet. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Would it be possible for someone to take and post some skyline pictures of Downtown with this newly completed tower? Maybe even some pictures at dusk, so the light feature is visible? I grew up in Nashville, but these days I rarely get to visit, so it's nice to check in on things here on urbanplanet. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Did anyone notice the lights going up the middle of the building? Is that part of the design or part of the construction process for the crane and elevator? If it is part of the lighting I'm not sure that I like the way it goes all the way up. I think it should stop where the first set of flood lights shine up to the crown. Also, there should be floodlights on the uppermost setbacks on each corner of the building according to the picture of the model but then again the lights look blue in the model. I think that would of looked much better than white. We need more color in our night time skyline. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain, at least we finally got another high rise. I can't wait to see a pic of the new skyline at night. :rolleyes:

I will try to get down there one evening soon and snap a couple with the lights on... I posted one from the Shelby St bridge of the skyline with Pinnacle.

*Edit - I will take pictures when the crane comes down, as it is doing so now.

• 1 month later...

I was driving around town and around downtown this past weekend. This thing stands out quite a bit. You can see it well from the south and west ends. This building quite sexy, IMO, with some decent height. It could have been taller, but I am glad is as tall as it is. SoBro is starting off very nice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody know what's planned for the exterior lighting on this new building. The "crown" is illuminated at night on occasion (this was the case this past Thursday for the Titans home game broadcast on tv). When does the bldg officially open? I certainly hope the building is illuminated at night as it is a really striking addition to the Nashville skyline, especially at night. Any info about this?

Nice shot of the Pinnacle, from flickr...

3687804058_344517c815.jpg

Does anybody know what's planned for the exterior lighting on this new building. The "crown" is illuminated at night on occasion (this was the case this past Thursday for the Titans home game broadcast on tv). When does the bldg officially open? I certainly hope the building is illuminated at night as it is a really striking addition to the Nashville skyline, especially at night. Any info about this?

• 3 months later...

Archived