Bass Berry & Sims Tower "The Crown"

doormanpoet

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Does sound that way. I bet this gets approved rather quicky, and the design changes significantly. Since it's potential scale is not what was intended for the area, I can see where compromise could play a lot in the final appearance of the building. It will be interesting to see what changes have been made. This has the potential to be a high-impact, forward-thinking project; I'm sure all the various city agencies are aware of that. At least there's plenty of room for improvement.

I notice that MDHA gave the go-ahead to this project. Does anyone have more detailed/updated renderings from this meeting? The article mentions that they were requested to redesign the top of the building, but were they also asked to change the dead space at the bottom of the building?

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=53540

I notice that MDHA gave the go-ahead to this project. Does anyone have more detailed/updated renderings from this meeting? The article mentions that they were requested to redesign the top of the building, but were they also asked to change the dead space at the bottom of the building?

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=53540

This building, I believe was recently advertised on Bidclerk as a 30 story building. The height in the City Paper article was listed as 432 Ft which is up from the earlier height listing. Maybe this project has added a couple of floors. At 30 floors, the average floor plate would have to be a little over 180 Ft x 180 Ft to equate to a Million Sq Ft. Judging from the earlier rendering, the building floorplate is roughly one-third of its height...say 140 Ft x 140Ft. With a floorplate that sized, the building would have 51 floors to have 1 Million Sq Ft.

Since I thought the original rendering looked a little squat, here's my vote that it really be 1 Million Sq. Ft, have a 140 Ft x 140 Ft footprint and have 51 floors. Yeah, baby! That would probably make it over 700 Ft tall.

Is it just me or is there a pattern developing the Nashville market? A proposed high rise is set a a height, but as time goes on, it seems to grow taller, wtf? Not that it's a bad thing though. Regardless of height, the Pickard-Chilton Company builds fantastic glass fascade buildings, their latest completion is 1180 Peachtree in Atlanta. It seems more and more reputable companies are lookin over there shoulders in Atlanta and see a beam of light from Nashville, bring on the buildings.

Is it just me or is there a pattern developing the Nashville market? A proposed high rise is set a a height, but as time goes on, it seems to grow taller, wtf? Not that it's a bad thing though. Regardless of height, the Pickard-Chilton Company builds fantastic glass fascade buildings, their latest completion is 1180 Peachtree in Atlanta.

I think 1180 is now the best modern high-rise in Atlanta. It looks incredible at night.

I think we're also quite lucky to have a high-caliber firm like Pickard working on something for our market. Whatever we might think of the ultimate form I think you can count on them to deliver on the details, a rare quality these days, unfortunately.

Archived