Unusual City names

tamias6

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with a lot of these unusual names is that they are not really places. These places should be an incorporated city/village, or a township, or, at the very least, a postal location. A bunch on Michigan's list are none of those, including the following.

Cumber

Dick

Ivanhoe

Linkville

Nirvana

Olive Center

Peatville

Pine Stump Junction

Pinnebog

Popple

Raisin Center

Redman

Slapneck

Wic-A-Te-Wah

I think I'll name the area south of Coopersville (the landfill) "Trash Heaven" and add that to the list.

Actually I recall there being a "West Olive" I believe on the road from Byron Center to Holland. I used to travel that route every weekend. It's a pretty small village, something you could sneeze and miss.. probably not even incorporated. Considering there is a West Olive, I wouldn't be surprised if there's an Olive Center around there, too.

Kinda like Hopkinsburg. A lot of people know about Hopkins, although it's a pretty small village.. yet just east of Hopkins there's an even smaller area (I think it's about 3 houses and that's it) called Hopkinsburg.

Actually I recall there being a "West Olive" I believe on the road from Byron Center to Holland. I used to travel that route every weekend. It's a pretty small village, something you could sneeze and miss.. probably not even incorporated. Considering there is a West Olive, I wouldn't be surprised if there's an Olive Center around there, too.

Kinda like Hopkinsburg. A lot of people know about Hopkins, although it's a pretty small village.. yet just east of Hopkins there's an even smaller area (I think it's about 3 houses and that's it) called Hopkinsburg.

West Olive is near the lakeshore, between Grand Haven and Holland.

The problem with a lot of these unusual names is that they are not really places. These places should be an incorporated city/village, or a township, or, at the very least, a postal location. A bunch on Michigan's list are none of those, including the following.

Cumber

Dick

Ivanhoe

Linkville

Nirvana

Olive Center

Peatville

Pine Stump Junction

Pinnebog

Popple

Raisin Center

Redman

Slapneck

Wic-A-Te-Wah

I think I'll name the area south of Coopersville (the landfill) "Trash Heaven" and add that to the list.

i dont know about most of those places, but ill contest to pinnebog being on that list, its not even a real town.

Archived