Are the Triad's fast food resturants getting nasty?

wscruiser

Is it just me, or are a lot of the fast food resturants in our area getting to be nasty. My wife and I were talking the other night about some of the places we had eaten lately, and both of us commented on how dirty and nasty resturants have gotten to be over the past couple of years. I can remember going into resturants that were clean enough to eat off of the floor, now I'm afraid to eat off of the table in alot of them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could tell you some stories. A friend of mine said he use to work at Bojangles and one of the emplotee hocked a nasty yellow clump of spit in the chicken fryer and watched it sizzle. you just dont know what you are eating when you go to those place. Some restuarants like K&W had so called clean glasses with beverage in then that would have lip stick on the glass. I recommed taking your own forks and spoons

Is it just me, or are a lot of the fast food resturants in our area getting to be nasty. My wife and I were talking the other night about some of the places we had eaten lately, and both of us commented on how dirty and nasty resturants have gotten to be over the past couple of years. I can remember going into resturants that were clean enough to eat off of the floor, now I'm afraid to eat off of the table in alot of them.

I don't think it's just a Triad thing. I find nastiness all over the SE when I go into restaurants. I won't even set foot in a restaurant if it has a "B" sanitation grade. :sick:

I noticed a lot of them in the Thomasville area are nasty. I remember going into the now closed Pizza Hut and seeing an employee standing with the back door open smoking and letting flies in, sagging, moldy ceiling tiles in the kitchen, and on top of it all it had a low "B" grade. I have to give one chain credit though, Chick-Fil-A seems to have the cleanest restaurants, and also have neater employees too.

One of the reasons fast food restaurants get this reputation is due to low wages and low morale of being there thus fast food workers just dont care about doing the job right. Now when i go to McDonalds in Italy or Switzerland, its a whole other ball game, they are 100 times cleaner and the morale seems to be much higher (maybe the pay too).

Still, when its 2am, your heavily intoxicated from going to several UNCG parties, fast food is oftenly whats on most college students mind while cleanleness is pretty much the last thing on their mind. :rofl:

Still, when its 2am, your heavily intoxicated from going to several UNCG parties, fast food is oftenly whats on most college students mind while cleanleness is pretty much the last thing on their mind. :rofl:

Yeah, when you're in alcohol induced haze, you don't usually tend to look to see how clean the place is. And besides, you're probably headed to the cleanest restaurant of them all; Waffle House!

:shok:

Yeah, when you're in alcohol induced haze, you don't usually tend to look to see how clean the place is. Anc besides, you're probably headed to the cleanest restaurant of them all; Waffle House!

:shok:

Waffle House....yuck :sick: I cant tell you how many times Ive seen various Waffle Houses on the weekly News 2 segment for restuarants with poor sanitation grades. It seems like only the truck driver types only go to the Waffle House. its just nasty

Waffle House....yuck :sick: I cant tell you how many times Ive seen various Waffle Houses on the weekly News 2 segment for restuarants with poor sanitation grades. It seems like only the truck driver types only go to the Waffle House. its just nasty

It seems to have 10 times the salt and grease of normal food.

Even though Golden Corral isn't a fast-food restaurant, some of them in the Triad seem to be going downhill too. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that you can smell the restrooms from the dining area? Also seeing unattended 6 year old kids picking through the buffett grosses me out.

While I haven't smelled the bathroom in the dining area, I am not a fan of Golden Corral. They have gone WAY downhill over the last couple of years. I also can't stand to see young kids go to the buffet unattended. Everywhere that has a buffet says kids under X please have a adult go with them to the line. However, this is never enforced. They mix food together, eat straight from the buffet, and handle stuff and put if back up. YUK! If we ever get a seriously easy disease to pass from person to person, our luv of buffets will probably help spread it on.

:sick:

Also seeing unattended 6 year old kids picking through the buffett grosses me out.

That reminds me of an episode that I witnessed while at Ruby Tuesdays.

There was a small boy, I'm guessing 5 to 6 yrs old visiting the salad bar alone. One of the waiters as well as other customers, watched him standing there running his hands through almost everything on the salad bar. When the waiter said something to him, the child went into a rage, throwing food on the floor, and picked up a salad plate and slammed it to the floor breaking it into half a dozen peices.

Naturally mom was quick to the rescue, and of course; in her eyes her son had nothing wrong.

The manager quickly shut down the salad bar, and all of its contents were taken away and replace with fresh food.

A police officer appeared shortly thereafter, and mom and dad were presented a bill for the contents of the salad bar and the broken plate.

Now that is a manager with a set of balls.

That reminds me of an episode that I witnessed while at Ruby Tuesdays.

There was a small boy, I'm guessing 5 to 6 yrs old visiting the salad bar alone. One of the waiters as well as other customers, watched him standing there running his hands through almost everything on the salad bar. When the waiter said something to him, the child went into a rage, throwing food on the floor, and picked up a salad plate and slammed it to the floor breaking it into half a dozen peices.

Naturally mom was quick to the rescue, and of course; in her eyes her son had nothing wrong.

The manager quickly shut down the salad bar, and all of its contents were taken away and replace with fresh food.

A police officer appeared shortly thereafter, and mom and dad were presented a bill for the contents of the salad bar and the broken plate.

Now that is a manager with a set of balls.

I'm not "kid or family bashing", but what happened to having manners when you're out. I've seen kids do similar and people are afraid to say anything. All I'm going to say is if you have kids and you take them out in public, do your best to control them and teach them proper manners in public. I know sometimes it'll be difficult but if your trying most people will appreciate your effort. Too many parents now could care less how their kids act out in public.

And in this scenario, MOM should have been at the salad bar with her child!!! Let's not mention that some stranger could have swoooped that kid either into the bathroom or out of the restaurant as usually at Ruby's the Salad Bar is relatively close to the exit and not always visible from the dining area!!!! :angry:

• 4 months later...

Archived