Downtown Redevelopment

wks2003x

Dannenberg building-a group of developers have plans to turn the building into 50 lofts and add a fourth floor of luxury condos.

has anyone heard anything about this project.the group is made up of some of the capicorn center investors.I wonder if thet will do both or just the larger capicorn development?

Yes I read that somewhere on Macon.com about the plans for 50 units in the old Dannenberg Building, by Gene Dunwody Sr. and Jr., Dr. Ron Conners, he said something about they were drawing the plans right now, and he was pushing them to start building because the demand is there. i'm exciting to here about these developments downtown....I wish some developers would come in a propose and build some high rise (15-25 levels)developments DT. I spoke with Mike Ford the Director of Newtown Macon, about the rumors of height restrictions on high rise developments and he said that it would be no problem to get P&Z to approve 15-25 levels buildings for DT.....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I read that somewhere on Macon.com about the plans for 50 units in the old Dannenberg Building, by Gene Dunwody Sr. and Jr., Dr. Ron Conners, he said something about they were drawing the plans right now, and he was pushing them to start building because the demand is there. i'm exciting to here about these developments downtown....I wish some developers would come in a propose and build some high rise (15-25 levels)developments DT. I spoke with Mike Ford the Director of Newtown Macon, about the rumors of height restrictions on high rise developments and he said that it would be no problem to get P&Z to approve 15-25 levels buildings for DT.....
the height restriction is that anything over 35ft. in height has to get a special zoning permit,but it doesn't put a limit on how tall a building can be.

Did Mike Ford say anything about how long until Macon can expect high-rise developement DT?

No he just answered my questions concerning height restricts in DT, but i'm sure if all the residential growth continues, I'm sure it want be long before we see some high rises being developed in DT Macon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Dannenburg Lofts-will be a mixed-use development on third at poplar.It will have 55 lofts/condos,

10,000sf atrium and 15,000sf of retail space.construction to start first quarter of 2009

Great is it going to be developed from the ground up or from a existing building...... have you heard when the Capricorn project starts..

Great is it going to be developed from the ground up or from a existing building...... have you heard when the Capricorn project starts..

it's and existing building,this is the development with the addition of a fourth floor of upscale codos.As for the capicorn project

they hope to break ground on the first phase late summer 2009.They are looking for a partner to help develope the hotel.

it's and existing building,this is the development with the addition of a fourth floor of upscale codos.As for the capicorn project

they hope to break ground on the first phase late summer 2009.They are looking for a partner to help develope the hotel.

ok great......

• 2 weeks later...

Silvers buliding-being converted into a mixed-use development of office,retail and 25 lofts.

Cherry Street Lofts-22 lofts with street level commercial space in 4 bulidings.

That sounds exciting. Slowly but surely it seems like Macon is investing in it's downtown. Do you have any information on the lofts? News articles or such? I am curious to know the price ranges of these lofts and general proximity to services for the residents. Is there a downtown grocery store? Even in this economy, there are still residential units that are selling. There is quite possibly 57 people in the greater Macon area who can purchase an intown unit. To make them more attractive though the pricing has to be right.

Anyway, yay for Macon.

That sounds exciting. Slowly but surely it seems like Macon is investing in it's downtown. Do you have any information on the lofts? News articles or such? I am curious to know the price ranges of these lofts and general proximity to services for the residents. Is there a downtown grocery store? Even in this economy, there are still residential units that are selling. There is quite possibly 57 people in the greater Macon area who can purchase an intown unit. To make them more attractive though the pricing has to be right.

Anyway, yay for Macon.

I don't have any articles on hand at the time.Most of the lofts are rental units they range from $400-1500 month.

There are a few you can buy,they range in price from about $100,000 for a soft loft shell to $400,000 for a upscale condo.

As for a downtown grocery store there is not one in downtown,there is a Kroger across the river from downtown,there is

also a Kroger in midtown.Mercer University is working on bringing an organic grocery store to its Mercer Village development.

Alot of the developments are being done by locals who are architects,painting contractors,bankers ect.only a couple are being

done by development companies.hope I have given you the info you were looking for.

here is a rundown on downtown projects est. starting dates.

Capitol City Bank-under construction

The Lofts at 425-early 2009

Dannenburg Lofts-spring/summer 2009

Silvers Buliding-spring/summer 2009

Cherry Street Lofts-spring/summer 2009

Capricorn Center phase one-summer/fall 2009

Marriott City Center Hotel-under construction-opening late 2009

Wharf Street center-late 2010

• 2 weeks later...

The owners of Market City Cafe have bought the three buildings next to them with plans

to open a upscale grocery store/wine bistro in a couple of years, with lofts on the upper floors.

Wow this is great news, I heard about Saturday on Update with Randall Salvage, he was interviewing Mike Ford From New Town Macon and they was taking this project......But this is Great news for DT Macon.

• 1 month later...

He is pics of Baton Rouge's New Court House under construction....... I wish they would develop a high rise for the New Bibb county court house like this....

BatonRougenewCourthouse.jpg

BatonRougeNewCourthouse2.jpg

Also this a new proposed hotel in Downtown Baton Rouge.....

preishotel071108BatonRouge.jpg

these are pics of a new Condo built in DT Greenboro.......Wishful thinking i wish Macon con get a Condo like this.

3135742432_7a38fab35c_b.jpg

3134920109_0f677e11e7_b.jpg

3134911809_16811ecb25_b.jpg

DE_Room_View2_FINAL_THUMB.jpg

these are pics of a new Condo built in DT Greenboro.......Wishful thinking i wish Macon con get a Condo like this.

If that is the Greensboro condo I think it is,it's an office building conversion.They striped it down to only the structual steel was left then went back with the glass look it has now.

Archived