Downtown Redevelopment

wks2003x

If that is the Greensboro condo I think it is,it's an office building conversion.They striped it down to only the structual steel was left then went back with the glass look it has now.

Yes, that is Greensboro condo, it showed the original look and this is how it looks now.... very attractive high rise ....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news, i wish the economy wasn't so bad, if not they would be probably breaking ground soon......

They are still working on the actual "working" drawings and the traffic study,so by the time all that is done the economy should be well on its way back.They already have the developers for the hotel's and the medical and some of the residential.I don't think they will brake ground(even in a good economy)before late summer 2010.When it's built out the value will be around 75-100 million.

They are still working on the actual "working" drawings and the traffic study,so by the time all that is done the economy should be well on its way back.They already have the developers for the hotel's and the medical and some of the residential.I don't think they will brake ground(even in a good economy)before late summer 2010.When it's built out the value will be around 75-100 million.

Yes this is great,DT I'm so excited about this whole project, and this will only spur more growth in the DT area just like brass pro did in North Macon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So is this building cursed, now? I always thought Wyndham should have invested more in renovation when they first bought it, and branded it as an actual Wyndham Hotel rather than a Ramada.

the Ramada Plaza is owned now by a group of doctors out of Florida. From what i can tell they have never been in the Hotel Bussiness.

the Ramada Plaza is owned now by a group of doctors out of Flordia. From what i can tell they have never been in the Hotel Bussiness.

Never been in the business? Then it can't be too surprising that the hotel suddenly closed. If it underwent a major renovation it could really compete with the Marriott at the Coliseum. Hopefully someone out there with the financial means will step up.

The owner of the Ramda Plaza said they decided to close the hotel after not having hot water again.said the boiler needs to be replace at a cost of 300,000$. also the pipes in the hotel needed to be replace at a cost of 800,000$.Owner also said all money would be refunded by the end of the month.Also said the hotel would reopen within he next couple of months.Imop i think its time for him to cut his losses and sell.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Luigi's Bistro is closing sat. night.but then owner says he will reopen it later in a new location.He plans to open a sports pub in the current Luigis space.also plans on opening a mongolian barbecue restaurant in the former grants bakery on popular st.http://www.macon.com...n-downtown.html

the owners of Bottoms Up are opening a sports bar next to it called Fowl Play.http://www.macon.com...n-downtown.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived