How about those Indians?

Mikejesmike

Pretty sad actually. For a large part of the 90's they were one of the top 3 teams, now look at them. This is what happens when a city tries to save a buck, they end up losing more than they saved. For some time in the 90's Jacobs Field was selling out every game, which meant there were 44,000 extra people downtown just to see the game and maybe shop around, about 3.5 million per season. If they won the World Series Cleveland might've burned itself down from excitement alone. Cleveland could've done better for it's neighborhoods but no one could say downtown wasn't a vibrant place and that stadium was their engine. Now the stadium barely sell half it's seats a game. Yes I've been to 3 games during it's peak. On one it started to get down to maybe under 30 and started to snow. Before I went everyone nagged me to take a blanket, which was probably a good thing as the girl I went with went to the restrooms just so she could stuff toilet paper in her shoes. Pretty soon people started taking off, but I still stayed.

Check out 1994-2001 and beyond.

Cleveland Native Americans (for you PC types that take offense to EVERYTHING)

Jacob's Field

Field

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They still have a pretty dangerous offense but it seems like they lack some pitching.

Too bad Hafner broke his hand...that guy is a great hitter.

Pretty sad actually. For a large part of the 90's they were one of the top 3 teams, now look at them. This is what happens when a city tries to save a buck, they end up losing more than they saved. For some time in the 90's Jacobs Field was selling out every game, which meant there were 44,000 extra people downtown just to see the game and maybe shop around, about 3.5 million per season. If they won the World Series Cleveland might've burned itself down from excitement alone. Cleveland could've done better for it's neighborhoods but no one could say downtown wasn't a vibrant place and that stadium was their engine. Now the stadium barely sell half it's seats a game. Yes I've been to 3 games during it's peak. On one it started to get down to maybe under 30 and started to snow. Before I went everyone nagged me to take a blanket, which was probably a good thing as the girl I went with went to the restrooms just so she could stuff toilet paper in her shoes. Pretty soon people started taking off, but I still stayed.

Check out 1994-2001 and beyond.

Cleveland Native Americans (for you PC types that take offense to EVERYTHING)

Jacob's Field

Field

Archived