Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowguy716

Can you guess this city?

716 posts in this topic

ig1823.JPG

I'll give you a hint. It's not New York :D

Really?

I have No idea SBC, what's very impressive is how close the green prairie-land is not very far away from those high-rises. I'm curious to know where that might be?

Albuquerque, NM??

I was thinking Albuquerque too, but that doesn't seem to be it either. :dontknow:

Is that Bartlesville, OK?

I just looked Bartlesville up on Emporis, and it looks like you got it, Slidell! Nice job! :thumbsup:

Wow, I've not ever heard of that city before and look! Its got a nice looking downtown.

Wow, I've not ever heard of that city before and look! Its got a nice looking downtown.

It actually has one of the most impressive skylines for a city it's size. The city only has around 35,000 people in it. Most of the buildings were started by the Oil Industry (Phillips).

What city is this?

Hint: it is not named after a sinister act!

skylinelg.jpg

Lynchburg, Va

AKA

Falwellville, Va :D

Lynchburg, Va

AKA

Falwellville, Va :D

Caheho gets the square! :D

Yes this is Lynchburg, Va. home of Jerry Falwell's Liberty College.

Year 2000 Population: 65,269

Fun fact:

From April 6 to 10, 1865, Lynchburg served as the capital of Virginia. Under Governor William Smith, the executive and legislative branches of the Commonwealth moved to Lynchburg for the few days between the fall of Richmond and the fall of the Confederacy

Caheho gets the square! :D

Yes this is Lynchburg, Va. home of Jerry Falwell's Liberty College.

Year 2000 Population: 65,269

Fun fact:

From April 6 to 10, 1865, Lynchburg served as the capital of Virginia. Under Governor William Smith, the executive and legislative branches of the Commonwealth moved to Lynchburg for the few days between the fall of Richmond and the fall of the Confederacy

So Va's capital moved to Lynchburg while the capital of the Confederacy moved to Danville?