Baltimore's Projects

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Good question. I'm not in Baltimore, but I'd love to see more participation from the Charm City. Please feel free to post any news you might have about Baltimore here. I'll see if I can find out something about the place you mention. In the meantime, don't be a stranger here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

harbor_point_color.jpg

Morgan Stanley will capitalize on the market growth. They have 450 employees in Baltimore and will be adding 900 more over the decade once they new Harbor complex is complete.

This also helps Fells point, because that office space they were going to use is being made into apartments to attract residents to be close by to the new offices.

With a possible development in the Baltimore City Center of a new Hotel/Residences I found some info on different hotel/residences going up. I have some pictures for a few interesting ones. By the numbers:

there are 9 Proposed, 8 under construction and 1 huge rumor that keeps getting closer to a reality.

the newest proposed is the BCC

citycenter.jpg

some under construction include:

Hilton Baltimore Convention Center

hilton-baltimore.jpg

Four Seasons Hotel Complex at Harbor East

four-seasons-baltimore.jpg

the huge proposal:

W hotel at 10 Inner Harbor-->this is supposed to surpase 60 stories.

414lightstreet_2_lrg.jpg

I found a few more projects thought I would post. I do not know that much about the area, like I said I will be new to the area soon so I do not know much history. Hopefully these get the people going and get the talking going.

Camden Court

1278979051886212502.jpg

Project Overview:

*High rise relates in detail, height, and site consideration to neighboring historic buildings

*Proximity to light rail, central business district, retail and entertainment satisfies residents

It is quite remarkable to see the progress in downtown Silver Spring. The area is practically bristling with new developments- most of which have fairly good elements of urbanism. I'm overdue for another trip to Baltimore. The number of new condos and hotel rooms there is astonishing. So far, the market indicates that this level of building activity can be suppported. I hope this will be the case in the future.

It is quite remarkable to see the progress in downtown Silver Spring. The area is practically bristling with new developments- most of which have fairly good elements of urbanism. I'm overdue for another trip to Baltimore. The number of new condos and hotel rooms there is astonishing. So far, the market indicates that this level of building activity can be suppported. I hope this will be the case in the future.

Update on new development.

City approves funding for downtown Cityscape redevelopment

Mayor Sheila Dixon has approved a $4.5 million land deal clearing the way for two new hotel chains in downtown Baltimore, the Baltimore Development Corp. said Thursday.

The development, known as Cityscape, includes seven properties in the same block as the Brookshire Hotel at 120 E. Lombard St., though the hotel is not included in the project.

As the Baltimore Business Journal first reported Feb. 22, the project has since been modified and is now slated to feature a 175-room Hyatt Place, a 125-room Hyatt Summerfield Suites, 6,500 square feet of retail space and a 200-space parking garage.

Those features would be built into a new, 30-floor building, which would also include 150 apartments and a spa and health club.

More detail renderings should be coming soon.

WESTPORT Development

2443409284_b73f23738d_b.jpg

The best thing about this development is a grocery store in the downtown. So many cities miss out on this and cripple the entire feel of the city and "city-living". Hopefully the rest of the development adds a lot of local business and some niche type shops.