Baltimore's Projects

Maybe I should make some seperate threads for these different bmore projects then we can follow each one seperately. I noticed we have two Baltimore construction threads so I have to decide which projects I will extract and make for them their own threads. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

The pic of construction of the Hilton was moved to its dedicated thread.

I decided to go ahead and make east project its own thread although it may take some time. We should get more hits on our site because of this. As I add the threads I will edit them out of the main Projects threads.

I will be doing some photography to expand a couple of my Baltimore Websites this fall; so I should be able to provide some new photos of various projects. over the next couple of months. I may not use those topics in my development [yet], but will be more than happy to share.

I will be doing some photography to expand a couple of my Baltimore Websites this fall; so I should be able to provide some new photos of various projects. over the next couple of months. I may not use those topics in my development [yet], but will be more than happy to share.

thanks so much. and if we are currently viewing any of your pics I appreciate you letting us do so.

Developer closes on Harbor tower site

Proposed structure would become city's tallest, include luxury condos, hotel

By Lorraine Mirabella

Sun Reporter

Originally published September 18, 2006, 2:06 PM EDT

A Philadelphia developer planning to build what could become Baltimore's tallest skyscraper closed today on one of the last undeveloped parcels along the Inner Harbor, site of the proposed $300 million tower of luxury condominiums and a boutique hotel atop street levels shops.

Developer ARC Wheeler finalized the purchase of the 2-acre site, once home to McCormick & Co. spice plant and now a parking lot, from seller Central Parking Corp., said attorney Jon

• 3 weeks later...

Historic building gets a new life

The city will rent Bromo Seltzer tower space in the spring after a $1.3 million face-lift to turn it into art center

By Jamie Stiehm

sun reporter

Originally published October 8, 2006

Photographer Chris Peregoy works from a darkroom on the second floor of his Baltimore rowhouse. Yesterday, he surveyed a work space with 11-foot ceilings in one of the most recognizable buildings in the downtown skyline.

He was among dozens of artists - painters, sculptors and writers - who climbed a circular staircase to the upper floors of the Bromo Seltzer tower during an open house. The 1911 Italianate landmark, a former factory and office building known for the blue glow cast from 25-foot-tall clock faces, is taking on a new life as an urban art center.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/reale...local-headlines

• 2 weeks later...

Technically they may be able to build it but who would want to live there? I live across the water from it and have been all through the structure at various times. The train traffic is crazy. You can see the train in the forground but besides that, how are they ever going to get the stink out of the building? Grain has been rotting in there for years and concrete being porous just sucks it up. It smells horrible.

Edited by RobtheWrecker

Technically they may be able to build it but who would want to live there? I live across the water from it and have been all through the structure at various times. The train traffic is crazy. You can see the train in the forground but besides that, how are they ever going to get the stink out of the building? Grain has been rotting in there for years and concrete being porous just sucks it up. It smells horrible.

They dropped the price of the townhouses there appreciably.

If you want to talk about views, I was on the top floor of the Natty Boh building recently and they have some views!

One of the best views in Baltimore (if you can believe it) is on the roof of the new condo/apartments that they built on The Avenue in Hampden. It's one of the higher points in Baltimore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Deal could move One Light Street project forward in Baltimore

Jen DeGregorio

A prime parcel of land just blocks from Baltimore's Inner Harbor could be under contract by the end of the year, adding to a wave of new investment downtown. A Washington developer is considering a mixed-use skyscraper on the site at One Light Street. The developer will decide whether to buy the parcel from Mirecourt Associates by the end of the year, according to J. Joseph Clarke, the property's resident agent who declined to name the developer. "They're thinking about it for residential and hotel uses and retail and garage, all of which would work there," said Clarke, the husband of City Councilwoman Mary Pat Clarke.

• 2 weeks later...

Project is putting his vision to test

Developer sees untapped assets in Westport

By Jamie Smith Hopkins

Sun Reporter

Originally published December 24, 2006

Patrick Turner craned his neck upward at the aged, hulking grain elevator in Baltimore's Locust Point neighborhood. "I'd love to buy that," he said.

Spotting a phone number on a sign, he called it - right then, on a Saturday - and continued to call for six months until he finally persuaded owner Archer Daniels Midland Co. that he was serious. He didn't want it for grain. He wanted to turn it into condos.

"You're either brilliant or insane" is what Turner recalls one ADM official saying. Four years afterward, as work on those condos is under way, company executives still remember his persistence, said ADM spokeswoman Jessie McKinney.

Turner, 55, a serial risk taker whose business partner slapped a "Runs with Scissors" sticker on his Jeep, seemingly burst out of nowhere with the project. He doesn't have the name recognition of major local developers, such as Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse. But he has been doing this sort of work in the city for more than 25 years - fairly quietly, excluding a few controversies.

Now the Baltimore developer's persistence and knack for seeing overlooked potential are being put to the test with a new project, by far his most ambitious.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/reale...-home-headlines

• 2 weeks later...

Clash over historic city building looms

Protected Guilford Ave. warehouse could be razed for 60-story tower in mixed-use project

By Jill Rosen

Sun reporter

Originally published January 2, 2007

A development plan that includes a tower to rival the city's tallest skyscrapers could mean the demolition of yet another vestige of downtown's historic architecture.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal...-home-headlines

Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Condo Project

The Ritz-Carlton and Residences is under construction. While it's not too bad, it does not have the monumental qualities I might have hoped for. It looks as though the developers were definitely playing it safe here. I'd also like to see a moratorium on the use of the specious term "residences" for condominiums.

The Ritz-Carlton and Residences

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...