Primary: Malloy vs DeStefano

MadVlad

Again, without getting too nasty, what are your opinions on either of these candidates?

Of the two, Malloy seems to appeal to me more, he appears to be the slicker of the two. DeStefano bothers me because, despite some of the good things he's done in New Haven concerning downtown, he's done it at the expense of the New Haven Coliseum and their sports teams. I think he needs to look at an even bigger picture, not just the cultural legacy that New Haven has. Has he done nice things for New Haven? Sure, but again, at the expense of other things that were important. Malloy is certainly heading a business juggernaut in Stamford, and he might be the better of the two at making a business environment in CT that can work. The big question for me is if any of this can be attributed to him or the fact that his city is fortunate enough to be located so close to NYC. He has also be ineffective in traffic problems in Stamford, but that probably isn't his fault, with much more blame going toward the State. Would he be better for mass transit in the State? One would hope so, considering his city has the worst traffic....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the DEMS I think Malloy would be the better candiate. Destefano just seems to be to anti-business, and would only hurt CT in the long run with his policies. Honestly I hope Rell wins again.

I'm kinda sour on DeStefano over Universal Health Care. Wasn't it mentioned that a big part of New Haven's renaissance was due to the large private investment on Yale's part? I prefer Rell, too. She's actually focusing on transportation as a major issue, which is actually something Government is supposed to do as opposed to granting us more entitlements. I would consider DeStefano and Malloy if they didn't want to increase the size of government with health care entitlements. Before anyone gets upset with me I know that health care is flawed, but I think UHC would actually decrease the quality of health care for the average citizen.

I'm kinda sour on DeStefano over Universal Health Care. Wasn't it mentioned that a big part of New Haven's renaissance was due to the large private investment on Yale's part? I prefer Rell, too. She's actually focusing on transportation as a major issue, which is actually something Government is supposed to do as opposed to granting us more entitlements. I would consider DeStefano and Malloy if they didn't want to increase the size of government with health care entitlements. Before anyone gets upset with me I know that health care is flawed, but I think UHC would actually decrease the quality of health care for the average citizen.

if destefano's health care system is similar to what MA is adopting, it might not be a bad idea.

part of new haven's renaissance is related to yale, but destefano certainly helped. pfizer opened a research location downtown (related to yale, but not fully because of yale, new haven actually has a decent supply of bio-tech stuff going on, along with some in neighboring towns). without destefano, new haven wouldn't be as great as it has become. granted, i am really upset about the loss of the colisseum. i used to see the nighthawks there when i was a kid... along with countless concerts. i really think it would've been better had they re-habbed it to compete with bridgeport (and i'm sure they would've attracted more concerts to new haven than bridgeport).

Destefano as governor would help cities in Connecticut more than Rell, for sure. Malloy would probably as well, but I'm supporting Destefano because his website makes it clear he supports mass transit and our urban areas, as well as the fact that Destefano's running mate is from West Hartford. And Malloy is from Stamford, which is too far from the heart of the state.

VOTE DESTEFANO!!!

Archived