Pictures from the August forum meet

Skyscrapergeek

OK, here are some pics I took today. Sorry they're so blue.

Picture in picture

DSCN3502.jpg

City Center

DSCN3504.jpg

Viridian from the ground up

DSCN3505.jpg

The "Borg" building otherwise now know as the 5/3 Bank building.

DSCN3506.jpg

I love the street lamp-shaped tower on the right

DSCN3507.jpg

Cool old picture of downtown Nashville in the lobby of the L&C

DSCN3508.jpg

Future home of "The Crown" (parking lot next to the SSC) and the back corner of the site for the Westin

and Encore about to rise behind the SSC

DSCN3511.jpg

Suntrust coming out of the ground

DSCN3516.jpg

Hey Chris, here are your lights atop the Viridian

DSCN3517.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to include 5/3's new sign :sick:

DSCN3523.jpg

Hey Tom, whatever you do, don't look down. :unsure:

DSCN3524.jpg

Uh Tom, you don't look well. I told you not to look. :shok:

DSCN3525.jpg

The End

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those pic are great. What a view, can you imagine what the view from Sig Tower would be . :shok:

thanks for sharing.

I really hope that Sig has a observation deck, I would pay to go up there. I've been to the top of the L&C twice and the view is incredible.

I hope I can make the next meet.

That was great fun. Everybody can actually get these views; just visit the Terrazzo sales center.

And on the topic of Terrazzo, that building will be very, very sweet. Some of the renderings inside the center are ones we haven't seen, but really brings the building to true scale. I recommend a visit. This building will add a new dimension to the Gulch. Very nice.

That was great fun. Everybody can actually get these views; just visit the Terrazzo sales center.

And on the topic of Terrazzo, that building will be very, very sweet. Some of the renderings inside the center are ones we haven't seen, but really brings the building to true scale. I recommend a visit. This building will add a new dimension to the Gulch. Very nice.

Anyone heard when this one's gonna start construction ? It seems like the groundbreaking was like 3 months ago ?

The rep at the sales office said within 60 days.

I apologize for not seeing this thread, so I posted my pics on another thread., "Photos from the L & C 30th Floor!". Please go check them out. I was pretty pleased with them. Thanks everyone for a great meet Saturday. Great pics SSG, and Lexy.

Lexy, yours as usually are damn close to professional quality. I can't to see your work when you get a professional camera.

I apologize for not seeing this thread, so I posted my pics on another thread., "Photos from the L & C 30th Floor!". Please go check them out. I was pretty pleased with them. Thanks everyone for a great meet Saturday. Great pics SSG, and Lexy.

Lexy, yours as usually are damn close to professional quality. I can't to see your work when you get a professional camera.

Christmas is when I get the new Canon 30D with a telephoto lens and stabilizer. LOL!!!

^^

Currently a Konica Minolta Dimage Z2 4 megapixel. But that is fixing to change in a big way very soon!!!

I shot three shots vertically and stitched them together like a panoramic picture horizontally. Then flipped the finished pic vertically and voila!

I still have some work to do on it like centering it and straightening the whole shot, but I thought the rough version I posted on here could give one the idea of the view up there. Thanks for the compliment though!!!

Michael

^^

Currently a Konica Minolta Dimage Z2 4 megapixel. But that is fixing to change in a big way very soon!!!

I shot three shots vertically and stitched them together like a panoramic picture horizontally. Then flipped the finished pic vertically and voila!

I still have some work to do on it like centering it and straightening the whole shot, but I thought the rough version I posted on here could give one the idea of the view up there. Thanks for the compliment though!!!

Michael

I had no idea that picture was three stitched together. Very impressive work!!!

Archived