Fur is Fur

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one, sorry no pictures -- I call him "bear." He looks exactly like this on in this photo I found on Google:

blackcatonblue1tg8.jpg

I used to have Chessie and three of her offspring. The mom was murdered, run'd over by a disgruntled neighbor because I did some chalk art on her sidewalk when I was eight (all it showed was rainbows.) Then her babies grew up, and were mysteriously hit by cars too. I'll never forgive thoes b i t c h e s.

Sleep Chessie, for you are the traveler of America.

To honor the most beloved cat of all:

chessiedt7.jpg

In all seriousness, cats are a handful. The males piss everywhere, they throw up everywhere, and the kneed things to shreds -- maybe its because his man hood was cut off. :dontknow:

Males will spray if they're not neutered. I've always had male cats (for some reason, females and I don't get along) and have never had one that sprayed.

Now, going outside the litterbox can be a problem. When this happens (and knock on wood, it's only happened once with my two guys pictured here and only because it was MY fault... yes, MY fault!), I chalk it up to stinking outside the box.

I'm sorry about your Chessie. That was really mean of your neighbor.

:(

I have 4 meow-meows. ^^

One is a white cat, with one eye blue and the other eye gold. Her name is Eve, but sometimes I call her the UofM cat.

The next two are sisters, both maine coon cats.. colour is a calico. One's name is Spring (sometimes I call her Haru, Japanese for Spring) and the other is Giner. Ginger's a bit more shy, but loves to get her face rubbed (yes, the FACE) while Spring will gladly meet you and then prompt you for a belly rub.

The last is... uhh... I don't remember what my parents named her, actually =p I just remember I didn't like the name. I always call her Kuroneko, Japanese for Black cat.... which.... accurately descibes what she looks like. =P She arches her back a bit too much when you pet her... back feet lifting off the ground, and has been known to flip herself over off of things due to this. ^^

I have 4 meow-meows. ^^

One is a white cat, with one eye blue and the other eye gold. Her name is Eve, but sometimes I call her the UofM cat.

The next two are sisters, both maine coon cats.. colour is a calico. One's name is Spring (sometimes I call her Haru, Japanese for Spring) and the other is Giner. Ginger's a bit more shy, but loves to get her face rubbed (yes, the FACE) while Spring will gladly meet you and then prompt you for a belly rub.

The last is... uhh... I don't remember what my parents named her, actually =p I just remember I didn't like the name. I always call her Kuroneko, Japanese for Black cat.... which.... accurately descibes what she looks like. =P She arches her back a bit too much when you pet her... back feet lifting off the ground, and has been known to flip herself over off of things due to this. ^^

Love it!

Interesting how cats begin having more than one name just after you first put a name to them. My guys are Bobby a/k/a Buster Bouleous (don't ask, and I'm not sure that's how he would spell it) a/k/a Bister Cat. Frankie is Frrrrrrankie! a/k/a Murr a/k/a Stinker.

I think T.S. Eliot noted this phenomenom as well.

I'd have more but for the condo association's two-pet limit. Probably a good thing.

We have four cats--Simba, a large, boisterous, orange cat who will run outdoors any chance he gets, despite being an indoor cat. He's eleven years old, though you wouldn't know it from watching him in action. Simon is also eleven (obtained from a co-worker who had kittens she needed to give away, and because Simba was lonely and needed a friend), is small and all black. He's shy and reserved but nonetheless, Simba's best buddy.

Jenny was a humane society rescue. She's a tortie who loves to be petted. She will only stop meowing when petted. Ginger is a small short-haired orange kitty who was rescued from the side of Madison Ave SE six years ago. Ginger has only just recently allowed my husband and I to pet her without immediately running away.

We just bade goodbye to Babe, who succumbed to complications from Feline Urological Syndrome, and had to be put down. He was always desperate for attention from us, but he was very afraid of visitors and would bolt to the farthest reaches of our basement upon hearing the doorbell.

We have four cats--Simba, a large, boisterous, orange cat who will run outdoors any chance he gets, despite being an indoor cat. He's eleven years old, though you wouldn't know it from watching him in action. Simon is also eleven (obtained from a co-worker who had kittens she needed to give away, and because Simba was lonely and needed a friend), is small and all black. He's shy and reserved but nonetheless, Simba's best buddy.

Jenny was a humane society rescue. She's a tortie who loves to be petted. She will only stop meowing when petted. Ginger is a small short-haired orange kitty who was rescued from the side of Madison Ave SE six years ago. Ginger has only just recently allowed my husband and I to pet her without immediately running away.

We just bade goodbye to Babe, who succumbed to complications from Feline Urological Syndrome, and had to be put down. He was always desperate for attention from us, but he was very afraid of visitors and would bolt to the farthest reaches of our basement upon hearing the doorbell.

Isn't it amazing how different their personalities are? No two are ever the same. Oh oh. There's Frankie. Gotta go...

MJLO goes in to anaphalactic shock if exposed to air that's mixed with cat dander for more than a half hour. Therefore he has none, which is unfortunate because he does like cats.

How about a hairless cat?

Sphynxkitten71606003.jpg

Isn't he cute? :sick:

I was appalled after a little googling to find that the price for these Sphynx kittens is usually around $1,200 :shok:

Sphynxkitten71606003.jpg

I was appalled after a little googling to find that the price for these Sphynx kittens is usually around $1,200 :shok:

He IS cute. It's not his fault he doesn't have fur. Blame the breeder.

Another breed to check out if you have allergies is the Rex, either Cornish or Devon. They have curly fur much the same as a poodle, only you don't have to have the fur clipped. I'm sure they're expensive as well.

post-4420-1155232445_thumb.jpg

post-4420-1155232445_thumb.jpg

A day late and a buck short - but here's a few:

She's not really for sale, but I was tempted when I took these:

http://www.burntmatches.net/pictures/cat_for_sale

Here's my two ladies chillin' on the couch...

olivia-harley.jpg

Here's Harley posing by an imposter:

harley-and-friend.jpg

Your cats are sweet! (I'm not sure about the imposter, however.)

I once had a Siamese who was extremely jealous of my stuffed animals (I was 10). He used to beat the stuffing out of them (literally).

BTW, the toilet paper photo is a hoot. At least she didn't tear it to pieces. Frankie just can't keep his teeth off something like that.

Kitto, who I found as a kitten 14 years ago on a bike tour.

kittostretch.jpg

Her guardian said "you should take her home. Someone dumped her at my son's fishing hole last week, and we already have three cats." She's been a great pal.

And Blanche, born in a feral situation and now nicely socialized.

basket2.jpg

I'm told this is what you get when your intact male Siamese finds him a calico sweetheart: a flame-point Siamese. Blanchie does not have that loud yowl indemic to meezers, but she is a chatterbox.

(This was one of the first shots with my new digital camera last year.)

Sphynxkitten71606003.jpg

How much for the light saber and Jedi master robe?

[star Warrrrrs, nuthin' but Star Warrrrssss...]

Love your kitties, Veloise!

My guys are the sweetest. I'm told that rescued strays make the best companions because they've been out there and know a good thing when they see it (i.e., warm place to live... er, sleep).

Then again, I once had an Abyssinian that I got from a breed some years back and he and I were so close. I really miss him.

Still, there are so many throw-away animals these days, I'm inclined to stick with rescues. Oh, hell. Maybe I'll get another Aby down the line, but not anytime soon with a two-pet limit.

I just can't make up my mind. That's the trouble with cats.

:)

Archived