Fur is Fur

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the compliment. The photo shows her in her better days as unfortunately she passed on a few days after I posted that. She was 17.5 years old. We miss her greatly, but she is in a much better place now.

I am so sorry to hear that. It is always difficult to lose someone so close.

What a wonderful long life... 17.5 years! You must have loved her very much to have taken such good care of her.

• 2 weeks later...

There haven't been any posts here lately, so I will continue my diary.

Day 26. Hard to believe I've been living at U2 for three weeks now. Loving it so far, and the boys love it, too. Bobby likes to strut his stuff on top of the studio wall. This boy really struts.

Frankie is getting tired of being locked in the bathroom all day. It's only a matter of time before he finds a hiding place even I can't locate.

Frankie has fantasies of becoming a famous mouser, and he may just get a chance to do it. I've been encouraging this behavior.

Bobby, on the other hand, is a bona fide birdman. He is going crazy over the leaves hitting the window. Still needs to learn the difference between birds and leaves.

Last night when I pulled up to U2, there was a cherrypicker strategically placed in front of my bedroom window. I do not believe it was a catnapping effort, but I haven't been home yet today.

There haven't been any posts here lately, so I will continue my diary.

Day 26. Hard to believe I've been living at U2 for three weeks now. Loving it so far, and the boys love it, too. Bobby likes to strut his stuff on top of the studio wall. This boy really struts.

Frankie is getting tired of being locked in the bathroom all day. It's only a matter of time before he finds a hiding place even I can't locate.

Frankie has fantasies of becoming a famous mouser, and he may just get a chance to do it. I've been encouraging this behavior.

Bobby, on the other hand, is a bona fide birdman. He is going crazy over the leaves hitting the window. Still needs to learn the difference between birds and leaves.

Last night when I pulled up to U2, there was a cherrypicker strategically placed in front of my bedroom window. I do not believe it was a catnapping effort, but I haven't been home yet today.

Vic, go check out the thrifts and get you a playpen. And a baby gate or two.

Last night Thumbsie wore me down, frantic to get in the nice warm house while I moved my plants. I finally borrowed the neighbor's doggie crate and put him in it in the middle of the living room. Never seen a cat so happy!

Decided that was too cramped for day-long kitty retention, so I headed out to a thrift to see if I could find anything that would work better. At Value Land I found a playpen ($10) and baby gate ($3). The gate fits on top of the playpen, and I put on a couple of free weights so that it can't be removed from inside nor out.

This is all to avoid WWIII at 2 am. My gals and I have a nice functional triangular relationship, and Thumbsie will change things. The playpen has plenty of room for the litter box, food, and a soft blankie. And mesh sides to see through. Blanchie is going nuts between having plants to eat and this strange jailed boy kittie in da house.

We have a date with C-Snip next week.

Vic, go check out the thrifts and get you a playpen. And a baby gate or two.

Last night Thumbsie wore me down, frantic to get in the nice warm house while I moved my plants. I finally borrowed the neighbor's doggie crate and put him in it in the middle of the living room. Never seen a cat so happy!

Decided that was too cramped for day-long kitty retention, so I headed out to a thrift to see if I could find anything that would work better. At Value Land I found a playpen ($10) and baby gate ($3). The gate fits on top of the playpen, and I put on a couple of free weights so that it can't be removed from inside nor out.

This is all to avoid WWIII at 2 am. My gals and I have a nice functional triangular relationship, and Thumbsie will change things. The playpen has plenty of room for the litter box, food, and a soft blankie. And mesh sides to see through. Blanchie is going nuts between having plants to eat and this strange jailed boy kittie in da house.

We have a date with C-Snip next week.

About that snip thing. My boys are both snipped. Guess someone should tell Frankie that.

• 3 weeks later...

It has now been two months since the big move. The boys are finally back to chasing each other. I am still attempting to train them not to wake me at 3:30 a.m. for breakfast.

I have discovered that my bedroom door actually latches. This is a step in the right direction. Doesn't prevent Bobby from knocking on the door, however.

The other day I awoke to a little crash. Frankie had knocked one of my favorite ceramic pieces off the table. When I walked into the room, he meowed very sweetly. I pretended to ignore him. It's the only way.

Hope Elmer's glue works.

It has now been two months since the big move. The boys are finally back to chasing each other. I am still attempting to train them not to wake me at 3:30 a.m. for breakfast.

I have discovered that my bedroom door actually latches. This is a step in the right direction. Doesn't prevent Bobby from knocking on the door, however.

The other day I awoke to a little crash. Frankie had knocked one of my favorite ceramic pieces off the table. When I walked into the room, he meowed very sweetly. I pretended to ignore him. It's the only way.

Hope Elmer's glue works.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I PM'ed Beave the same question.

"It was marked down like 80% from the original price. Kohl's on Alpine. It is the Candie's line of bedding - Bohemian Princess or something. It includes the comforter, shams and bedskirt."

So all us Boho royalty should run up there...

[i want an invite to Beave's, and I will wear one of my many outfits that matches her decor palette!]

Archived