Fur is Fur

Reuben's tells me (over and over and over again) that they can't/won't accept strays. No kittens. Only domesticated housecats that are being abandoned for whatever (stooopid) reason by their former human family.

And they warned me about a couple of local guys, snake owners, who are trying to finagle any free animal (cats, kittens, puppies) for, ah, the reason you might expect. (Thankyousomuch, Reuben. Now I have that charming image stuck in my head.)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reuben's tells me (over and over and over again) that they can't/won't accept strays. No kittens. Only domesticated housecats that are being abandoned for whatever (stooopid) reason by their former human family.

And they warned me about a couple of local guys, snake owners, who are trying to finagle any free animal (cats, kittens, puppies) for, ah, the reason you might expect. (Thankyousomuch, Reuben. Now I have that charming image stuck in my head.)

Ask Crash's if they can put your guy on a waiting list. I'm sure they'll be adopting more cats out and make room.

:)

Ask Crash's if they can put your guy on a waiting list. I'm sure they'll be adopting more cats out and make room.

Done.

And I ran him a personal on mi.misc (Usenet), and the Yahoo group for Mich pets. Mentioned him to a pal, and her daughter wants a kitty, so perhaps he'll stay "in the family."

Anybody here with cats experience the following: For no known reason, cat gets feisty, wild-eyed, jittery, meows and ROARS (yes, I mean that exactly the way it sounds)... then takes off running and jumping around and through the place like a mad man?

Frankie does this. I had one other cat who did this as well. Maybe I bring it out of them, I don't know. But it sure is funny.

Anybody here with cats experience the following: For no known reason, cat gets feisty, wild-eyed, jittery, meows and ROARS (yes, I mean that exactly the way it sounds)... then takes off running and jumping around and through the place like a mad man?

Frankie does this. I had one other cat who did this as well. Maybe I bring it out of them, I don't know. But it sure is funny.

Oh yeah, the heebie-jeebies.

Followed by the Kitty 500: across the bed, around the room, out the door, down the hall...repeat. Kick-off is at 2:30 am.

Frankie knows something's up. I've been telling him for over a month now that we're moving, but it looks like it is only now that it is sinking in.

When I moved, Blanchie was wild. Sat around watching and crying at me. Followed me around. As her favorite perches gradually vanished, she got more anxious.

Finally I packed up one litter box and a food/water bowl and her, and we went over there. She promptly hid. But at lease she quit worrying about the diminished household, as she was in the increasing one.

Now Kitto, being much more laid back, didn't worry about anything. Her biggest trauma was in going out to the car ("you aren't taking me out in that thing again?!?"). Interestingly, both kits enjoyed the drive through Heritage Hill, staring out the window to see all the people 'n' stuff.

On the other end, Kitto inspected the place, satisfied herself that all was well, and found the one chair not shrink-wrapped to death.

When I moved, Blanchie was wild. Sat around watching and crying at me. Followed me around. As her favorite perches gradually vanished, she got more anxious.

Finally I packed up one litter box and a food/water bowl and her, and we went over there. She promptly hid. But at lease she quit worrying about the diminished household, as she was in the increasing one.

Now Kitto, being much more laid back, didn't worry about anything. Her biggest trauma was in going out to the car ("you aren't taking me out in that thing again?!?"). Interestingly, both kits enjoyed the drive through Heritage Hill, staring out the window to see all the people 'n' stuff.

On the other end, Kitto inspected the place, satisfied herself that all was well, and found the one chair not shrink-wrapped to death.

They are mighty adaptable little mites, aren't they?

I plan to crate my guys during the move. They'll feel safer and won't sneak out.

The boys survived the big move although Bobby now hisses and growls at Frankie. Bobby seems well settled in except for the above-mentioned hissing and growling, but they both had an issue with my taking a shower this morning. VERY loud meows, trying to get into the tub with me, etc. Funny!

The poor little guys.

Frankie's coming around.

maggiesmall.jpg

maggie2.jpg

248405628_ee44dde7a1.jpg

Two of my doggies the first her name is "Maggie" and shes a rescued Border Collie, and the second is "Chloe" and she is a rescued mixed breed. Pardon the darkness of the photos I'm worried my camera is experienceing some problems (or the batteries are low, this happens sometimes when they are, The first two I brightened up in photoshop, so they wont look as good.)

Dogs are the new cats.

Archived