Fur is Fur

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you guys take your dogs for some exercise? We went to the park at Lyon and Benjamin today, and it was great. I know that there's a park in Ada, but I think it's members only. What other places should we check out?

p.s. I have two long haired cats, both with their front and back claws....named Willy Jones and Chico. My dog Miko is a pitbull/husky mix, and is only 3 months old. When we rescued him, he was pretty anti-social. Taking him to the dog parks really seems to help.

Where do you guys take your dogs for some exercise? We went to the park at Lyon and Benjamin today, and it was great. I know that there's a park in Ada, but I think it's members only. What other places should we check out?

p.s. I have two long haired cats, both with their front and back claws....named Willy Jones and Chico. My dog Miko is a pitbull/husky mix, and is only 3 months old. When we rescued him, he was pretty anti-social. Taking him to the dog parks really seems to help.

Moxie's.

My Blanche kitty was scared of her shadow (flame-point Siamese and nervous). If I turned a page of the newspaper, cleared my throat, or moved my leg she'd jump. Put her in the car and we drove to Texas, where she got to meet & greet potential new fan club members, rode out a T-storm in a camping tent, and experienced Austin's famed twilight bat flay-outs.

Today I took her (and Thumbsie) to Fountain Street's annual Reverence for Life Sunday (aka Bring your Pet to Church) and she did fine.

Treat errands are good.

Tried putting them both in a large carrier, but my shaggy white kitty was half yellow by the end of the trip. I have good luck covering up the carrier so they don't know they're moving, but I'd really love it if they could just be excited to take a little road trip, check out the scenery, etc. I think it comes down to the fact that they associate being in the car with going to the vet, and we've had some bad days at the vet.

Willy Jones after walking through blue oil paints (then, over the wood floors to my bed):

KittyCatBlues2.jpg

Fine...I'll put up a few more (sorry, can't resist). This is Willy again at the vet. He just had the claw between his thumb (yes, thumb...look closely) and his other fingers removed because is was penetrating the skin.

CrippleWilly.jpg

Finally, my two guys together:

WillChico3.jpg

Archived