Fur is Fur

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

My road partner of 2 years and dearest friend died very unexpectedly recently. Long story short, his wife can't keep the house and is moving to a new place so I've adopted her little Cleo. She looks siamese with stripes where the points would normally be and actually looks exactly like a tiny version of my Mom's cat, Tigger. The fur really flew between her and my resident cat, Miss Kitty, at first but while there's still some occasional hissing and puffing up going on, I think they're going to be fine - it only been 2 weeks and right now Miss Kitty is sitting in the chair next to my desk yawning while I type and Cleo is sleeping on the ottoman of the chair in the same room. Here's some pix - hope you enjoy!

05-11-07_1111.jpg

Miss Kitty taking a nap on bed

Cleocloseuponbed.jpg

Cleo on bed

Cleo.jpg

Cleo on sofa (excuse the mess and cord tied to the door behind her - it's when she first came and we were keeping them separated)

Eameschair.jpg

Cleo hiding under chair

My road partner of 2 years and dearest friend died very unexpectedly recently. Long story short, his wife can't keep the house and is moving to a new place so I've adopted her little Cleo. She looks siamese with stripes where the points would normally be and actually looks exactly like a tiny version of my Mom's cat, Tigger. The fur really flew between her and my resident cat, Miss Kitty, at first but while there's still some occasional hissing and puffing up going on, I think they're going to be fine - it only been 2 weeks and right now Miss Kitty is sitting in the chair next to my desk yawning while I type and Cleo is sleeping on the ottoman of the chair in the same room. Here's some pix - hope you enjoy!

Cleo.jpg

Cleo on sofa (excuse the mess and cord tied to the door behind her - it's when she first came and we were keeping them separated)

I've actually contemplated buying mice before. I grew up on a farm so I've got a pretty strong stomach and the feeder mice at the pet store already have their fate sealed. It just seems so cruel to the mice I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. If one gets into my place on their own, I'll let the cat(s) have a go but if they toy with it too long, I'll put it out of it's misery and then let them play for awhile before I dispose of it. Miss Kitty did have big fun with some moths that got in right before Cleo came to live with us. What kind of insects can you buy besides crickets? I'd just hate to buy crickets and have one get away and be chirpping endlessly up here.

I've actually contemplated buying mice before. I grew up on a farm so I've got a pretty strong stomach and the feeder mice at the pet store already have their fate sealed. It just seems so cruel to the mice I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. If one gets into my place on their own, I'll let the cat(s) have a go but if they toy with it too long, I'll put it out of it's misery and then let them play for awhile before I dispose of it. Miss Kitty did have big fun with some moths that got in right before Cleo came to live with us. What kind of insects can you buy besides crickets? I'd just hate to buy crickets and have one get away and be chirpping endlessly up here.

I was somewhat joking with the mice/insect thing...I don't know if your fellow tenants would appreciate it too much if they got loose. Another option may just be to have them play together. Dangle one string or something in front of both of them. My cats seemed to take on the attitude of "We're in this together. Let's work together to rid our home of this awful snake-like creature." Also, simply Google "new cat old cat." You'll get a bunch of hits. Here is the first hit: Humane Society Tips

I was somewhat joking with the mice/insect thing...I don't know if your fellow tenants would appreciate it too much if they got loose. Another option may just be to have them play together. Dangle one string or something in front of both of them. My cats seemed to take on the attitude of "We're in this together. Let's work together to rid our home of this awful snake-like creature." Also, simply Google "new cat old cat." You'll get a bunch of hits. Here is the first hit: Humane Society Tips

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived