What To Look At.

humzai

Hi I just joined to post. I am god willing going to buy a residence in Tallahassee in the near future. I have been looking some listings sent to me by a realtor and a few have seemed very interesting The Cloisters, Plaza Tower, and Tennyson. This forum has been very helpful in providing information that wasn't available on their official sites. I actually found this site while searching for information on 417 park avenue on google. Are there any developments that I should be aware of and go look at when I'm in town on Tuesday. I am away for the summer and it seems I've missed some exciting new stuff.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should give us some feed back as to what kind of housing development you are looking fo,r as Tallahassee offers many diffrent flavors. ex...condo, single family house, downtown, rural area,.....etc. Then we can assist you more in your mission. :D

I did mention I found The Cloisters, Plaza Tower and Tennyson interesting. I'm thinking the downtown area is where it's at so near there mosty. I don't want to live west of Monroe and not much further south of Appalachee

or too far east of Blairstone.

I did mention I found The Cloisters, Plaza Tower and Tennyson interesting. I'm thinking the downtown area is where it's at so near there mosty. I don't want to live west of Monroe and not much further south of Appalachee

or too far east of Blairstone.

What's your northern boundary? What's your price range? Single-family detached? Multi-family such as the condos you've mentioned or duplex, townhomes? What are you hoping for as far as size: 1bdrm? 2brdm? More?

What's your northern boundary? What's your price range? Single-family detached? Multi-family such as the condos you've mentioned or duplex, townhomes? What are you hoping for as far as size: 1bdrm? 2brdm? More?

The price range is around 300k, I'd like at least 2 bedrooms and 1200 sg ft. I don't really care weather it's a condo, single family detached, or townhouse as long as it's nice and I'd prefer brand new. My northern boundry is no further perhaps then seventh avenue.

^With that said, I think your biggest limiting factor will be "brand new" in the oldest part of town. Definitely look into the 3 new condos downtown: Tennyson, The Plaza and even the world's largest A/C unit that is Gameday. Otherwise there are a few new townhome type things (about 4) along Meridian between Jeff. and P'cola. There's a few homes by K2 just south of Park on East College just west of Broward but they maybe more than 300K. Nothing much brand new I can think of in that price range in Lafayette Park, Old Town, or Myers Park. Anything new over in Cherokee Hills or the surrounding areas that you can think of AiT?

I'm also going to check out the 812 St Michaels st development. Of the three new towers Plaza seems to have the most reasonable prices and if I get one it would probably be there, but atm I'm really liking the Cloisters.

That's a nice neighborhood, next door to the old city boundry line. The neighborhood is vibrant from a cultural standpoint with the Civic Center and Museums within walking distance, Railroad Square with it's gallaries and the Mikee Faust Clubhouse theater, FAMU and FSU. It's a little short from the restaurant standpoint, but there is a nice cafe in the Caboose in Railroad Square, and the downtown stuff is not that far away. If you're into the club scene, you're right on the edge of it.

It's about as close to a case of gentrification as we can find in Tallahassee right now, or at least has that sort of energy. It's not a neighborhood for the timid or those who like it quiet.

If you like the Cloisters, also take a look at Adam's Place Lofts, Michael Masters is working with that project and I believe they are reasonably priced. Also ask to see his development in the Mid-Town area, they'll be very similar to the Cloisters.

I hadn't considered the Adams Place Lofts but it can't hurt to look, The grove at midtown is about a year from completion and because of that I'm not interested in it. God willing I would like to have my own place within a few months but who knows what shall occur.

Hmm, I am was trying to think of new in my area of downtown, but everything is pretty much old (but still great :) ) There are some townhomes off Meridian and E Jefferson. Not sure if any are available now. I know they plan on building some townhomes on E Call just after Oak St. And near to there too I think I saw a townhome for sale on Hays.

Archived