(WVA) [Huntington] Pullman Square gets new tenant and is...

seicer

http://www.heralddispatch.com/apps/pbcs.dl...INESS/608050324

SLC: The second-to-last paragraph only validates the information I gleaned by asking the managers of numerous shops in Pullman Square. It is a highly profitable venture that only further discredits many long-timers of Huntington that continue to critise the project's long-term future. It's time to expand its influence!

The addition of the unique Edible Arrangements highlights the significance of Pullman Square, not as a mall, but as a lifestyle center. This annoucement comes right after "Inspired"'s plan to expand after being in business only two months.

Design work is being completed with the final expansion of Pullman Square, in the vacant lot at the corner of 3rd Avenue and 10th Street. It will resemble an old train station.

Profitability quote --

"To give you an idea, Max & Erma's is number one in it's chain, EB Games is number one in their region and the Cold Stone Creamery is in the top 10 in the United States," Dargusch said. "It just goes to show you what a good market you've got."

See the remainder of the article at the Herald-Dispatch article cited above. Reposted with permission.

Edit by Seicer: Removed article as I now know it violates Article posting policy. Sorry 'bout that.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update. I think those long timers are underestimating that since PS has many tenants that can be found nowhere else in that area that the drawing power of that place is quite significant. Ashland isn't that small of a town and PS pulls in not only Huntington folks but a lot of Ashland people as well.

Thanks for the update. I think those long timers are underestimating that since PS has many tenants that can be found nowhere else in that area that the drawing power of that place is quite significant. Ashland isn't that small of a town and PS pulls in not only Huntington folks but a lot of Ashland people as well.

Don't forget Ironton :thumbsup: . Yeah Tri-cities in 3 states!!! :D Does anyone know if it's pulling in the suburbanites from places such as Barboursville?

Maybe from Guyandotte and Altizer. :rofl:

Seriously, I'm only guessing here, but I'm sure Pullman Square is pulling in people from all over: Chesapeake, Milton, Ona, Winfield, Wayne, Lincoln...heck...even Logan and Champanville, if I had to guess. The same people that travel into the Huntington Mall are likely the ones going into Pullman Square.

Archived