Do you have a dog, or any other pets?

TBurban

We have had a cat that has been in the family for sometime. It is now 16 years old and in excellent health. My parents chose a cat b/c we had vacationed a lot and they don't crap anywhere except the litter box. Recently, one of my parents took her to the vet because it had a flea rash that was causing irritation. So the vet. gave her steroids...and they really change their character. Last year, our cat would do absolutely nothing, now it runs around and plays like crazy, and eats a ton.

I'm trying to find a picture.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Nice pets! I'd never seen this thread before...

I'm a dog person. I really never have liked cats much, probably because I had dogs all my life. I'm not much on big dogs either, except for labs and retrievers. Those are some good dogs.

Here's my prissy little lap dog, Lucky. He's a Lhasa Apso:

He doesn't really have a big head and small body, it's just the angle in this shot... ;)

348559100_3cb060506b_b.jpg

361153957_492d09602f_b.jpg

348559095_54fc12e0d4_b.jpg

Maybe some of you can settle my worry about invisible fencing. I don't live in a bad neighborhood and my family gets along with our neighbors really well. But, what's to keep somebody from picking the dog up and walking off with him? Also, those damn neighborhood kids, I can see them messing with him once they realize it.

old topic but i'm just getting around to reading stuff over here--

the thing about invisible fences is that one, dogs can get used to the shock and actually weigh the risk, and two, invisible fences do not keep other loose dogs out of your yard, nor keep people from swiping your dog. I do not think i would use it in any kind of neighborhood.

so i was playing with two of my kittens this morning (they are brothers--one a beefy athlete, the other a pencil necked geek numbers cruncher of a kitty with only one expression) and with the big one (Barny) we play catch with a balled up piece of paper--he will fetch it for hours. And we played all last night during the football game and he just doesn't tire out, waits outside the bedroom door for morning when we can start up again. Anyway, the other one--Pete always watches from a safe distance but never participates. But this morning i hear a funny rustle at the end of the bed (where i play with Barny) and Pete had brought me something to play with--a receipt from the grocery store. Just a little piece of paper, not crumpled. He looked, if i can interpret that with his one expression, so pleased!

• 2 months later...

Archived