Pittsburgh, An AMAZING Adventure town

Anewpittsburgh

I am flipping through my most recent issue of National Geographic Adventure and the cover story is

31 Amazing Adventure Towns

Where to Live and Play

I flip to it expecting to see the usual hit list Seattle, Portland, Denver etc...

But low and behold second page BAM!!! Pittsburgh

its got a great shot of the city and rivers with some kayakers, the article speaks to Pittsburgh resurgance as a tech center and just a great place to live, obviouslly things we all already know. Now a lot more people will know.

The National Geographic website doesnt have the article yet, but you should all check it out your next chance your in the store.

Its this months (September) National geographic adventure.

It was a great way to start off the work week.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kayaked the three rivers on Saturday... it was a lot of fun. Sunday I hiked on some rather interesting trails in the woods of Frick Park. Pittsburgh is a great place for both urban and natural adventures due to its unique landscape.

Maybe we should organize our own "urban hike." It would be cool to meet some of the people who post here and go out to see the projects we always talk about. Has this ever happened in this forum? Would anybody be interested in doing it?

So is "National Geographic Adventure" a seperate magazine from the standard "National Geographic"?

Anyone who reads National Geographic may remember the ZipUSA piece on the Strip District in 2003 and a touching feature article from 1991 titled "Pittsburgh - Stronger Than Steel".

So is "National Geographic Adventure" a seperate magazine from the standard "National Geographic"?

Anyone who reads National Geographic may remember the ZipUSA piece on the Strip District in 2003 and a touching feature article from 1991 titled "Pittsburgh - Stronger Than Steel".

You can still find the Zip USA piece online:

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/03...lgeographic.com

I am flipping through my most recent issue of National Geographic Adventure and the cover story is

31 Amazing Adventure Towns

Where to Live and Play

I flip to it expecting to see the usual hit list Seattle, Portland, Denver etc...

But low and behold second page BAM!!! Pittsburgh

Go Seattle... LOL... But yeah, Pittsburgh REALLY interesting, I hope to go see that city soon, and Id really like to live there if I like what I see.... :P

• 7 months later...
Maybe we should organize our own "urban hike." It would be cool to meet some of the people who post here and go out to see the projects we always talk about. Has this ever happened in this forum? Would anybody be interested in doing it?

Just wanted to 2nd this idea... might be useful to synergize our excitement for the city. The Pittsburgh flickr group already organizes urban hikes... and in fact... I think there is a Pittsburgh Urban hike website... I enjoy exploring the city and taking photos... and this would be a good way for our community to learn more about and experience the city.

Archived