Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blink55184

Light Rail Funding

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything about this bill?

Did it pass?

If so what has CT done with the 3.3 million for Hartford? Putting it towards Commuter rail service?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/cpquery/?&am...TOC_504873&

From the page following that,

Hartford, CT, light rail project- The Committee recommends $3,300,000 for the proposed light rail system in Hartford, CT, of which $2,300,000 is provided in section 340 of this bill. This system is to be built along the I-91 north corridor alignment, from North Meadows to the central business district of Hartford.

This was from 1999, and the money was for that ridiculous monorail thing that was proposed to take people from Adriean's Landing to parking lots in the north meadows of Hartford.

The money... probably vaporized.

Screw that, they owe me a Monorail....

This was from 1999, and the money was for that ridiculous monorail thing that was proposed to take people from Adriean's Landing to parking lots in the north meadows of Hartford.

The money... probably vaporized.

I'll believe when I see it, as well.

The Federal Transit Administration manages the New Starts account, which helps pay for all Federally-supported transit projects. When the monorail project died, the $3.3 million likely returned to the New Starts account and used elsewhere...

...I'm sure it made someone in Charlotte, Portland, or Dallas very happy...

I remember Chris Dodd and Mayor Mike Peters really rushed to get something together to get that money, it's be a shame if it was returned...