Honda Jet

monsoon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is great for gso. I currently work out near the airport, they got their temp offices down in one of the hangers down behind the control tower. they are working to build their own hanger I think. I think things are just getting set up now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just saw this. I work right down the street from Alamance regional airport and they have been clearing the land adjacent to the runway for a long time. Long enough to make me wonder if it is actually for Honda since they started clearing the land well before Honda announced that their headquarters would be at PTI. We'll see!

• 3 weeks later...

Great news for Burlington, Alamance County, and the Triad. This will help boost the area's economy, and add to the growing Burlington-Alamance Regional Airport. Honda's long time relationship with Alamance County continues to grow :) Lawn Mower engines, Jet Engines, hopefully we can get some car manufacturing too in the near future...

confirmation here

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EC0101/70717005

I think Greensboro and Burlington will eventually grow together the way Charlotte and Concord have grown together.

Honda Aero Engines will move its corporate headqaurters from Virginia, to Burlington as well. So the Triad will have two Honda headqaurters. Greensboro will get the Honda Aircraft Company World headqaurters, construction has begun on that building along with the jet factory.

Since Honda will have a huge presence in the Triad and should they plan to build an automobile plant in the south one day, they know where to look ;)

• 2 months later...

HondaJet will opening a flight training center at PTI where pilots from all over the world will come to learn how to fly its planes. A major builder of flight simulators will install a motion flight simulator at Honda's aircraft world headqaurters at PTI. In addition customers can get pilot certification It would add a new level of exposure for this region, which has said the HondaJet project gives the Triad worldwide appeal.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RSTAFF/70925012

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived