Honda Jet

monsoon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Major, I don't know why there aren't more comments on this. Think of the jobs in addition to FedEx. This is also going to be Honda's second production center in the Triad ( 1 being southwest of Graham ). All the Triad needs is a major car production plant (preferably at the former Konica site) in eastern Guilford county and the area will be on the right track.

This is Major, I don't know why there aren't more comments on this. Think of the jobs in addition to FedEx. This is also going to be Honda's second production center in the Triad ( 1 being southwest of Graham ). All the Triad needs is a major car production plant (preferably at the former Konica site) in eastern Guilford county and the area will be on the right track.

I agree! I read in N&R that the economic impact of FedEx could add between 800 mil to 1.6 billion to the economy. These small planes could become a lot more popular in the future...

Thats really good news for the area. All the news channels have been raving about it today. O and a little off topic but did any of you happen to hear about the mix-use development proposed in High Point. Fox 8 mentioned it, basically and walkable suburban neighborhood :unsure: . If that made any sense.

Honda makes jets?? Is there anything that company doesn't make? wow.

It's the age of globalization man. Don't be surprised when Wal-Mart buys out a major bank. Just remember that you heard it here first when it happens (or maybe you didn't hear it here first, but I said it anyway :)).

This was a very logical step for Honda, and I'm not surprised in the least. Way to go Triad! :thumbsup:

This is great news. its a big fish and some dont realize it yet. I also think there will be alot of private jets in the future. Honda could even lead to something bigger coming to the Triad. There is always a cause and effect and I think FedEx probabally started that cause and effect chain reaction.

Basically the world headquarters for Honda Aircraft Company will be in Greensboro. Greensboro is also the headqaurters for Volvo Trucks of North America

Glad to hear it. Let's hope the market for these things takes off.

On a another note, there will be an announcement tomorrow for a new manufacturing facility in eastern Guilford County. Probably not major news, but everything helps. With all the manufacturing jobs lost in the area in recent years, there is a good workforce for these types of things. Lets hope more companies recognize that asset and steer toward the Triad.

Glad to hear it. Let's hope the market for these things takes off.

On a another note, there will be an announcement tomorrow for a new manufacturing facility in eastern Guilford County. Probably not major news, but everything helps. With all the manufacturing jobs lost in the area in recent years, there is a good workforce for these types of things. Lets hope more companies recognize that asset and steer toward the Triad.

Isn't the new manufacturing facility the kayak company from up north in New England?

Check this out. This article in the N&R is says that Honda hasn't picked the site for manufacturing yet. PTI is where operations will be based. I guess operations includes testing??

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...C0101/608090305

True I just read that. The heading from the first article was a little misleading. I think PTI will still be the logical site for a manufacturing facility. It would be nearby the corpoate headqaurters which will be at PTI and FedEx which will be very important for fast turn around shipping for parts and materials coming in and going out of the plant.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few Months ago Honda Jet announced its world headqaurters will be in Greensboro. What was unclear was where would the comapny build its manufacturing facility to build jets. The prototype jets were tested in Greensboro and the CEO has said he has made Greensboro his home and has hinted that the manufacturing plant would be built in Greensboro.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...C0101/610220317

Or we could do a search before we make a new thread? It can be a bit frustrating to have the same topic spread out. It's cool to see the thread build...you can look back at early posts and speculations while watching more new information unfold. Think of these as mini-time capsules and you'll want to put them into the same thread!

I think I've gone without too much sleep...

no i agree. the triad forum is especially bad with topics being started over and over just to include a little bit of information. i always try and go back to post to threads i have already started when i have something new to post regarding those topics.

it's not hard to do a quick search for similar topics and just keep those alive.

another pet peeve of mine in this particular section is that topics are not as descriptive as they could be sometimes. if we all just put a little effort into it, this forum could be much more organized, like the charlotte forum for example.

Archived