Honda Jet

monsoon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody is pointing the finger. its just a suggestion so our forum can be more efficient and enjoyable. i too prefer longer threads than short daily ones. thats why i post MINOR DT W-S news in the same thread. Hondajet HQ topics should be in one thread until there is an official announcement or proposal of the new manufactoring facility. Roy Carroll news about buying downtown land, excluding center pointe, should be in one thread. there are several threads on Southside and Center City Park. and yes, WFUBMC developments need to be consolidated and if there are more than one W-S streetcar threads, theres no need to start a new one.

nobody is pointing the finger. its just a suggestion so our forum can be more efficient and enjoyable. i too prefer longer threads than short daily ones. thats why i post MINOR DT W-S news in the same thread. Hondajet HQ topics should be in one thread until there is an official announcement or proposal of the new manufactoring facility. Roy Carroll news about buying downtown land, excluding center pointe, should be in one thread. there are several threads on Southside and Center City Park. and yes, WFUBMC developments need to be consolidated and if there are more than one W-S streetcar threads, theres no need to start a new one.

I have merged the HondaJet threads together.

The reason that there is less hands-on moderation and topic management in the Triad forum is that there is no forum-specific moderator who's keeping an eye on things on a constant basis. I do agree with what you say, though, it's nice to have all the discussion about a specific topic in one place.

No need to blame people for doing it, though. It really can be a pain in the butt to search through previous pages for old threads on the same topic, but I do recommend it as it makes it easier on all of us here.

I have merged the HondaJet threads together.

The reason that there is less hands-on moderation and topic management in the Triad forum is that there is no forum-specific moderator who's keeping an eye on things on a constant basis. I do agree with what you say, though, it's nice to have all the discussion about a specific topic in one place.

No need to blame people for doing it, though. It really can be a pain in the butt to search through previous pages for old threads on the same topic, but I do recommend it as it makes it easier on all of us here.

• 2 weeks later...
if someone happens to post couple threads on a simiar topic, its not such a big deal to warrent attacking the person who did it. Thats what im talking about. If I had posted 4 or 5 threads on this topic, thats a different story. Two threads that happened to be posted on a simliar issue isnt going to kill anyone. But as you may know I have already created a southside thread since there are so many updates, so I do hear you on topics that are talked about quite a bit. those are the kind of topics that should remain in one thread. Ive already started keeping those kind of topics in one thread before DAchiever responded to this thread. The first Honda thread was posted a while back so it not like there are 4 or 5 thread pertaining to the subject cluttering the page and the topics were different even though it dealt with the same issue. But in general im the type of person that like to see headlines because they grab your attention on a certain subject so I dont like general threads such as "downtown updates" I also dont see anything wrong with posting sperate threads on what a certain developer may be doing downtown because its a different topic. If we combine info too much, no one will ever be posting new threads. and it makes it harder to navigate back to certain issues. No one wants to hunt back through 25 pages in a thread just to find out Roy Caroll developes property on Eugene Street for example.

• 2 months later...

Honda Jet's prototype design was test in Greensboro a few years back. last year the company set up its headquarters at PTI. Now the company is looking at sites near PTI and is seeking $1.2 million dollars in incentives to build a manufacturing facilty that will design and produce jets. This is definately a big fish for Greensboro and the Triad and the sweetest thing is that they are only asking for a small amount of incentives. This faciilty will bring the aviation industry to Greensboro and could open doors to future companies

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EC0101/70119019

It is nice to see that all local goverments seem to be for the economic incentives package. It is a painful game to play, but if you don't play, you lose! Greensboro and the rest of the Triad will see benefits far beyond any amount of money paid for incentives. These are great paying job and this is great news for our area! :thumbsup:

It is nice to see that all local goverments seem to be for the economic incentives package. It is a painful game to play, but if you don't play, you lose! Greensboro and the rest of the Triad will see benefits far beyond any amount of money paid for incentives. These are great paying job and this is great news for our area! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

according to this article, it looks like Honda Jet has selected a site at Piedmont Triad International Airport to build its aircraft manufacturing plant!!! :w00t: The article also states its the first time all 3 Triad cities have worked together to craft an economic incentives package for a company. So it looks like Greensboro will not only have the world headqaurters for Honda Jet but it will have a its manufacturing facility as well.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2.../05/story1.html

Do we know how the Triad cities worked together on this (article does not say)? I can see jobs created in all three cities due to the plant, but mainly see GSO benefiting as it would be mostly in GSO city limits, partially Guilford Co. - regardless, I'm curious to know what consessions each muni have agreed to share in.

I think the planned FedEx Hub sweeten the deal for Honda. That hub is going to do for Greensboro what the railroad did for Greensboro in the 19th century. Its helped attract Dell to Winston-Salem and I think Dell and Honda are only just the beginning.The FedEx air cargo hub planned for Greensboro will be one of seven hubs. The others are in Memphis TN, Indianapolis IN, Fort Worth TX, Anchorage AK, Oakland CA and Newark, NJ

High Point city council approved incentives for the company. This is going to be really really big for Greensboro and the Triad. Honda Jet is already making national and international headlines and to have the world headqaurters and its manufacturing facility in Greensboro is a huge deal. I think its a great idea to have the research parks (Gateway University Research Park & Piedmont Triad Research park) in the area work closely with this company and other companies coming to the area. NC A&T has an a great engineering and technology program. Big names in the Triad such as FedEx, Dell and Honda Jet will make the Triad attractive for even more companies.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...EC0101/70208012

Honda Jet prototype flying high above the Piedmont Triad. you can see Pilot Mountain in the background

HondaJet_1.jpg

If Honda's corporate headquarters is in Greensboro, I wonder if they will have office space downtown. If they comissioned their own new tower that would be great. Like their car and every other segment they enter, they will likely become leaders and the growth could dictate a large headquarters eventually.

If Honda's corporate headquarters is in Greensboro, I wonder if they will have office space downtown. If they comissioned their own new tower that would be great. Like their car and every other segment they enter, they will likely become leaders and the growth could dictate a large headquarters eventually.

Archived