Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

perrykat

Oldies radio returns to upstate!

19 posts in this topic

As of today, the Oldies format returned to the Greenville/Upstate airwaves via WCSZ-AM 1070 from Sans Souci. They call themselves "Greenville's Oldies Station - Good Time Oldies 1070." Not exactly like what we've had in the past, but definately better than nothing, I can say I've loved it so far. I believe it started this morning, it was previously Gospel. :yahoo::thumbsup::shades:

As of today, the Oldies format returned to the Greenville/Upstate airwaves via WCSZ-AM 1070 from Sans Souci. They call themselves "Greenville's Oldies Station - Good Time Oldies 1070." Not exactly like what we've had in the past, but definately better than nothing, I can say I've loved it so far. I believe it started this morning, it was previously Gospel. :yahoo::thumbsup::shades:

AM 1070 has had an interesting history. They were at first a music station, then for a while a "CNN" station and about five years ago they tried to be the Sportszone for a while with some refugee's from WCCP, 104.9. That didn't last long.

I'm not sure why they say it's out of Sans Souci, since it's closer to Traveler's Rest just outside the back gate at Furman.

How much longer will it be for another classic (rock) hits and/or 1980s/1990s station(s) to return to Greenville? It puzzles me why Greenville loses out to out-of-town stations with better programming.

I'm not sure why they say it's out of Sans Souci, since it's closer to Traveler's Rest just outside the back gate at Furman.

Actually, you'd be wrong. We've had WOLT-FM, 103.3Mhz, The best of the 60's and 70's for a couple of months now. They brodcast out of Greer. You can find their website here;

http://wolt-fm.com

Oldies needs to return to 106.3! This new "chick talk" format they now have after dumping "The walk" is terrible!!! :sick:

Oldies needs to return to 106.3! This new "chick talk" format they now have after dumping "The walk" is terrible!!! :sick:

Well, I never enjoyed The Walk, but it seems brilliant in comparison to the 'chick talk' format now on 106.3. Let's see- The Walk first replaced Star 103.3/103.9 a few years ago, then destroyed Oldies 106 a year ago. Crazy people!! I know for certain that The Walk only billed HALF of what Oldies did last year (Oldies wasn't even on for the entire year!) and in the last ratings, Summer 2006 12+, The Walk only had half of the numbers that Oldies had on 106.3 in Summer 05.

Seems to be a harsh reply to a honest question.

Does Greenville still have Planet 93.3, which used to be a good rock station? Just curious. I used to be able to pick it up but not anymore. It used to be good, though, like other rock stations, it probably sucks now.

^ ah, that is sad. You know, maybe I'm just being a little too nostalgic, but back in the early and mid 90s, it seemed that there were many great modern rock stations around. Those stations caused me to become a huge fan of the Pixies, The Smiths, The Replacements, et cetera. Those stations are gone now, with playlists that seem so small.......

I like 93.3, 101.1, and 96.7 the best. Yeah, they're all rock stations.

I agree. 96.7 plays a good mix of classic rock and some new rock. 93.3 is the opposite... they play too much classic rock for a "New Rock" station, IMO, but whatever.

i never hear any classic rock on 93.3.....it's all the same nu-metal & rap rock that they have been playing since the mid 90's....don't even get me started on the morning show :sick:

The point about being in "Sans Souci" is not that is not really there per se. I guess you can say anywhere is a certain address like how we have at a station in Greenville say it is in Senaca or Asheville Stations being broadcast from Greenville as well but "Sans Souci" is basically a small neighborhood which I think may be inside the city limits of Greenville or at least just outside of them. Sans Souci is also slowly become "Cherrydale" since the popular shopping center came to the area. Do people actually work and broadcast out of that trailer on White Horse Road? Ever time I drive by it I don't see anyone there. Why does the station say it is in Sans Souci? Is something wrong with Berea or Travelers Rest. You could say it was in Richmond Hills or Green Valley and be more accurate.